Gettiing off my Keppra

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

rich956

New
Reaction score
hoping for the best results.
as per doctor:Currently on ;
Keppra-750 mg (2 pills 2 x per day = 3000 mg)
Decrease by 375 mg ( half a pill ) every 5 days
Until off of Keppra.
Continue with Lamotrigine – 100 mg –
( 2 ½ pills per day = 250 mg)
just hope its enough lamotrigine, the keppra was giving me
some bad depression to warrant a change in meds.:paperbag:

Good luck on the lamotrigine. I'm currently taking it as a monotherapy, and very little side effects for me.

Hi, just an update on getting off the keppra.
Some great pro-s and some cons.
Good news is that my depression has lessened and I feel more clear headed ,ah to be able to think without feeling bad feels great.I still have issues and will be depressed for life
but at least I feel like I am able to deal alittle better now.
I still cannot smell or taste properly and to think I went to school to become a chef,just sad...oh well. still have the tingeling in my feet and now I get headaches nearly every day...this is new to me ,I never had any thing but grand-mals as much as I can remember but I think I might be having others like twitching hand or like daydreaming for like several minutes at a time... to stare into a blank cloud and forgetting what iam doing....any way it seems a lot better now.

It's great that you are feeling better overall Rich. Does your neuro know about the smell/taste problems, and the other symptoms you may be having?

It's great that you are feeling better overall Rich. Does your neuro know about the smell/taste problems, and the other symptoms you may be having?

Yes she is aware of some ...I had a cat scan on my sinus area = nothing showed, they said that it happens to some in old age but I disagree with that and so iam requesting more tests.
We finally agreed that after four years on keppra and thoses same years going to mental health that that its a good idea to try something else...
I no longer take anti-depressents for my mental well being but I do take liothyronine once aday, it seems to help...

Back
Top Bottom