getting a dr to listen

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I absolutly hate myself for letting a dr put me on zoloft supposedly to help with migranes.its like they classify u somehow like mentally incompetant or something.last dr visit i asked her is it normal for these twitching spells.worse at night or tv viewing or is it just me?shes like its just u.hurtful blown off and stressed out.maybe i need another dr i dont know.im not a freakin hypocondriac its happening.it happens when im completely unaware.and the bites on my lips and tounge sometimes when i wake up r real also.how bad do things have to get?anyone run into this?

Yes, I have run in to this in the beginning of my seizures. The dr. at the time kept telling me it was hypoglycemia. The seizures got worse and then I ended up with a bad TC seizures and ended up 2 months in the hospital. The damned dr. didn't know what he was talking about. Get another opinion ASAP. Zoloft is an SSRI anti-depressant, not intended for migraines. As I said in the other posting, some AEDs are also used for migraines, so go to a neurologist for your migraines, too. I've had migraines and take over OTC Excedrin and if that doesn't work, my neuro prescribed Imitrex.

Please get another dr that specializes in epilepsy and headaches. Good luck!

I haven't run into this, thank god, but please please please! Get a second opinion and get a doctor who gives a damn! That doctor doesn't sound like you can trust her even as far as you can throw her with that! Seizures get worse, as Cint said, so getting help sooner rather than later is a must. I wish you all the luck in the world and keep us updated please!

Dialysiswife

Several times with the twitching and the same answer only in the end they wanted me to have botox treatment. The whole lot seems very familiar.

Dialysiswife

Yes its very annoying and sometimes it moves into my left hand, I have stuck a fork in mouth several times eating dinner, that hurt.

Back
Top Bottom