Getting some life back.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

rich956

New
Reaction score
:woot: greetings and hugs everyone. It has been a while since I have been on here and I have a little bit of news that I like to share. As with before I was and am still on the generic Keppra for my seizure control but it was giving me some health concerns as with a lot of medications there can be some side effects this was giving me a lot more depression problems then I can handle. But up until recently I was taking three different anti-depressants for my chronic depression, as a result my life was felt like something worse than worthless and I made a few choices the prompt to me to make some life changes as I talked to my mental health Dr. she realized the same thing and so I was weaned off of all three anti-depressants. With that done she put me on a new type of medication that would affect my thyroid problems . So I am happy to say that this seems to be working pretty well in my favor. I am more aware of what's going on and it seems that I can now feel better about myself and therefore were gone more important things in life . So cheers and have a nice day.!

All those brain drugs can certainly be hard on the system. It's great that you've found a better med approach, and are feeling more upbeat. Are you taking a B6 vitamin along with the Keppra? It can also help with keppra's mood-related side effects.

Cheers! And keep us posted. :)

Hi Rich, it is always good to hear good news. I am so happy for you.

I am on Keppra and 4 other epilepsy meds. I too have depression but the doctor's have never recommended anti-depressants for me. I do not want anymore meds.

I keep a positive attitude and meet my challenges head on. It sounds like you do to.

TY,
haven't really heard too much on B-6 vitamin but willing to give it a try.
It took a Dr. from Mental Health to look into the Anti -Depressant thing,but with classes and less meds it seems to balance things out.

Hi Rich,

I take Keppra. The first thing my neurologist told me was to take Vitamin B-Complex.

Keppra depletes our systems of Vitamin B.

Back
Top Bottom