Getting wisdom teeth out...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

chop456

New
Reaction score
Paige is getting her wisdom teeth out on Wednesday. Any bits of advice for the soon to be tired and sore teen?

I am a bit nervous about her having anesthesia and how she will come out of it. We have checked and double checked all of her medications (both anesthesia and for pain mgt. afterwards) against her lamictal and all seems to be ok. Just the never ending worried mom in me:huh:

I still have my wisdom teeth, so no specific advice to offer. But I hope the procedure goes well for her, and that she feels decent enough afterwards to enjoy some Thanksgiving treats...

I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago. I was put out, but had no problems with the anesthesia. I had to keep up on pain meds, but I can tell ya it was all worth it! I ate lots of smoothies!

Thanks ladies! Paige is all set with jello and smoothie ingredients! She is a vegetarian, so Thanksgiving for her consists of sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and warm, soft rolls. Add in a jello salad some corn and a piece of pumpkin pie and she will be set!

Glad to hear things went well for you after you had your teeth out - I am a bit worried. Things are so different from when I got my teeth out! They take them out much sooner now - before the teeth are fully developed. I guess it is less painful :)

my Son had his taken out - not a bother to him :) recovery quick and no issues at all..

I had two of mine out about 2 years ago and had no problems. I've been on anesthesia several times and have never had any problems with it.

I just had to eat only soft foods a few days after the surgery. I recovered pretty quickly and I don't even remember having very much pain after either.

The dentist told me that having your wisdom teeth out is considered surgery so when she is asked what types of surgerys she's had make sure you put that down.

Hope every thing goes well!

We just got a call from the dentist this week saying my daughter needs to schedule getting her wisdom teeth out. I was feeling concerned about her medications too, so it's good to hear others have had it done with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom