great, is this something new?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

gr33nr0se

New
Reaction score
never happened before.

i was perfectly fine, sitting on my bed singing. i just got over being sick like a week ago. i had a choir performance today and i only had like 8 or 9 shakes. we won gold so i wasn't upset about anything.

i was singing when all of a sudden my whole body got really hot and i got horribly nauseus. i ran to the bathroom and for about 30 seconds, i just stood there breathing. then it went away. i just ate dinner and i'm not dehydrated. as i stood there breathing, i got really dizzy and felt like i was going to fall and throw up. luckily neither happened. now i'm fine. it was short but i've never felt like this before. i didn't have a stomach ache or anything, i felt fine and then i wasn't. btw, it's physically impossible for me to be pregnant so don't bother asking lol. i jst hope this isn't something extra and epilepsy related

btw, i forgot meds for the passed two days if that has anything to do with it, but i'm taking it tonight. this week i have had so much planned that i simply forgot

wow thats really interesting. i'm kinda confused as to what it means but i think it is a high magnetic field that causes an increase in seizures? maybe?

I think missing your meds is probably the most likely cause -- dizziness is a withdrawal side effect...

I'm wondering if this was a gustatory simple partial seizure...

I'm wondering if this was a gustatory simple partial seizure...

I was wondering this too, the symptom combination does seem to fit quite well. I very commonly get a sudden rise in temperature with the type of partial seizure I most frequently tend to have, usually associated with a sudden apparently automatic rise in heartrate (ie not related to conscious levels of excitement, stress, stimulation, etc). Often there is some kind of strange sensation in my stomach, but not usually that close to nausea, it's more commonly like a "butterflies" feeling of excitement or indefinable weirdness. I do also sometimes get a weird metalic indistinct taste or slight numbness at the roof of my mouth, but that's preceeding seizures, not during or after that I recall.

I don't think gustatory symptoms are the main issue for me though, more of a peripheral and mild one that I don't notice that often. I can certainly see how those sensations could manifest as something closer to the symptoms you had if they grew very much stronger and were concentrated in those areas.

Back
Top Bottom