Gross and weird

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Well I've had mixed luck with Carbamazepine. But I had to bring this up because its really freaky and im not sure if anyone has had this and if will just pass?

Shortly after taking this new drug the right side of my neck hurt, this got worse each day. So I assumed it was just a swollen gland and it would pass. Today I woke up feeling like I had a mega hangover. Achy joints, felt drunk just yuck.

Now the left side of my neck is really swollen and when I touched it I actually felt a pretty big lump and it moves around up touching it. It is fairly low on my neck but it grossed me out. Plus it hurts upon touching it so I left it alone.

Before the drug I was having seizures daily, usually upon awaking, but this drug has stopped the convulsions. I just physically feel really sick and mentally doped out. So im seeing the Doc tomorrow to see whats the deal with my neck. I guess I could be allergic to it from what I was told by a nurse.

As much as I hate the side affects of med now I know most of it passes with time but if I end up being allergic to this med. What other meds are similar to this one? I guess what other meds are good for mono therapy?

Sorry for the wall of text. :paperbag:

Wow, I have just come home from the doc complaining about sore joints. I have suffered hangovers each time they have messed with my dose. Every joint in my body was really sore including my fingers. I have put it down to arthritis but it could well be the Tegretol. It is working for me now I am on the correct dose although I do get breakthrough seizures. Have not had any neck pain or nausea. I did feel doped out but that is getting better. I had an absence seizure in the doctor's surgery today. Had a few people staring at the 'weirdo' Take care, my friend. Hope things improve for you.

Tegretol has been know to cause sore joints and stuff but does it get better I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom