had a seizure again

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
I had another seizure this morning...... went from sps then felt like i was going to black out...... "crying" I almost went three months...... Im never going to get to drive again if this doesn't stop..... I woke up with weird ear ringing and pressure in my head ended up spaced out weak sick to my stomach..... fear like something bad was going to happen muscles went weak then stiff was seeing spots with color.... had weird headache... now im just tired... & bummed.... does that sound like a sps with out cps..? i can drive if i just have little sps.... although this lasted about from 6:30 am to around 7am the worst of it lasted about 4 min's.... anyways
im going back to bed im tired just had to vent.....

angel

Last edited:
Sorry to say Angel... black outs and driving do not mix. Saw a report last night where a man had a "seizure like episode" and rammed into about 4 kids and the car came to rest on top of a woman. Sorry to be so graphic, but this must be avoided when possible.

Is three months lately a record for you? Do you think nutritional choices are helping?

You have been through a lot. Take it easy and be good to yourself.

Sorry to say Angel... black outs and driving do not mix. Saw a report last night where a man had a "seizure like episode" and rammed into about 4 kids and the car came to rest on top of a woman. Sorry to be so graphic, but this must be avoided when possible.

Is three months lately a record for you? Do you think nutritional choices are helping?

You have been through a lot. Take it easy and be good to yourself.

yes almost three months is a record for me.. i was having sps like well, maybe 10 times a day... and cps once or twice every three months.... maybe more im not sure because at the time before it the cps started getting worse i wasn't really paying attion just living with it..... YES!!! I feel with all my heart and soul food choices make a huge difference.....

i know drivings not good...... right now... my husband says we are going to be moving to the bigger city maybe in February they have taxi's and buses or i can walk.....

good night :) or whatever lol i need to go to bed

love angel

Last edited:
Feet up Angel, take it easy, get plenty of rest and take another look at the situation when you have a clear head.

Real sorry you had to suffer this crap again - I just soooo wish I could flick a switch and have us all fit-free.

I'm having a night in tonight (should be down the gym) as I've a real hard day, and just feel tired. It really ain't worth the risk is it.....what I don't do Today, I can always do Tomorrow.

Take care ;)

Hi Angel

Sorry to hear about the seizure you had. I'm sure it must be hard not to be able to drive but I guess it is the best thing if you are still having seizures.
Have you had your licence taken away or have you decided to stop driving yourself ?

Sorry to hear about the seizure Angel.

love the pic lol bernard,

im feeling better my ears are plugged though for some reason and noise talking to much activity today is driving me nuts im jumpy feeling....... anyone ever feel that way after a seizure.... and ive been so tired im still in my pj's heh.... nice huh..... ;)

Hi Angel

Sorry to hear about the seizure you had. I'm sure it must be hard not to be able to drive but I guess it is the best thing if you are still having seizures.
Have you had your licence taken away or have you decided to stop driving yourself ?

no they havent taken my licence away my neuro has told me im not to drive...... but if this keeps up i dont know what they will do.....

I dont have gm's but i do sometimes blank out with a complex partial seizure..... I didn't black out but i felt like i couldnt move for about 2 mins among other things.... sps aura stuff still feel crapy I cant wait until tomorrow a new day.... :rock:

Last edited:
Feet up Angel, take it easy, get plenty of rest and take another look at the situation when you have a clear head.

Real sorry you had to suffer this crap again - I just soooo wish I could flick a switch and have us all fit-free.

I'm having a night in tonight (should be down the gym) as I've a real hard day, and just feel tired. It really ain't worth the risk is it.....what I don't do Today, I can always do Tomorrow.

Take care ;)

I hope you start feeling better too... yup lots of rest today.... tomorrow's a new day:) we have to keep looking on the brightside at least i didnt black out.... was kinda awake spacy through the whole thing.....

no they havent taken my licence away my neuro has told me im not to drive...... but if this keeps up i dont know what they will do.....

I dont have gm's but i do sometimes blank out with a complex partial seizure..... I didn't black out but i felt like i couldnt move for about 2 mins among other things.... sps aura stuff still feel crapy I cant wait until tomorrow a new day.... :rock:

I usualy only have smaller seizures which I think might be partial seizures as well.

Even though grandmal seizures are bad I think partial seizures can also be just as worrying sometimes, especially when a person having a partial seizure blacks out is unaware that they are having the seizure. I don't think I black out often when I have my partial seizures but I am quite often unaware of things that I am doing during the seizure.

I hope you are starting to feel better soon.

Last edited:
((((((( Angel )))))))))

So sorry to hear you had a seizure!

:(

just wondering...... does anyone have sps mostly while driving or walking? even small distances like a block? not all the time but sometimes? and who here has kids and cant drive because they finally told neuro about the trigger? how do you cope?

Last edited:
I usualy only have smaller seizures which I think might be partial seizures as well.

Even though grandmal seizures are bad I think partial seizures can also be just as worrying sometimes, especially when a person having a partial seizure blacks out is unaware that they are having the seizure. I don't think I black out often when I have my partial seizures but I am quite often unaware of things that I am doing during the seizure.

I hope you are starting to feel better soon.

i only black out when i have a cps

I would be afraid to write anything in stone Angel. As you can tell from everyones experiences there is not classic one scenerio. Things evolve, symptoms morph... so to say it doesn't happen one time ...that is for sure the time that it will.

I would be afraid to write anything in stone Angel. As you can tell from everyones experiences there is not classic one scenerio. Things evolve, symptoms morph... so to say it doesn't happen one time ...that is for sure the time that it will.

yes Ive noticed........... all I can say is the keppra helps a lot! maybe, they just need to up the dose a little bit..... Im having trouble..... I starting to feel like not telling my neuro about that seizure as it wasnt that bad..... part of me says tell him the other part says shhhh hes not going to let you drive.... I know we all hate not being able to drive because it takes our freedom away damn ive been in this house forever its driving me nutty..... my moms working as do my sisters and i feel bad to ask people to come get me so i can get out of the house..... not only that but it bugs my husband because hes used to me pretty much doing all the shopping stuff like that...my neuro said if im just having sps little ones like aura's i can drive but until then no..... the seizure happend when i was driving a short way down a dirt road .... i felt kinda yucky when i woke up and wasnt expecting the seizure i really didnt have much warning...... ok im getting depressed I admit it..... my mind is going :gob: i even have found myself thinking im not really having seizures it must just be in my head..... depression i guess is us just having to learn to deal with this crap i guess....... Im wondering about the surgery my neuro brought up ...... to many things running through my mind right now I truly hate E

Last edited:
thanks guys!!!

sorry for the break down im getting past it "you guys know how it goes" :)

my oldest son and his friend and his girlfriend came over they had me laughing they are so silly i had a house full my four boys and hubby they all started picking on me at first i was annoyed because i wanted to sleep .... I love when they all start acting like a bunch of dorks lol having them around gives me a reason to keep going!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom