Had a seizure yesterday

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Buddy's owner

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm on holiday in america and we went to carters lake to visit family friends. Anyway apparrantly my sister took me to wash my hands and went to get me something to dry them on and I went. I remember before the seizure the friends dog was acting odd around me so she obviously knew as she was acting very clingy. I remember eating an ice cream but anything after that I don't remember.

Hi Buddy's owner,
I'm sorry to hear that you had a seizure and I hope all is well now for you.
In regards to the dog acting odd, what was happening is the dog can smell chemicals a persons body gives off 10 min. to 1 hour before they have a seizure and this is why the dog was acting different.
Seizure alert dogs can sense this matter but they are also trained to either lay down to
protect a person from falling or they will put their paw on a person to let them know they will be having a seizure. It's amazing how great the dogs are. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

We know why it happened or we think we do anyway. Buffy the dog was leaning on me apparrantly she has never done that before but there were other odd behaviours she was showing not long before. Pacing around near me for one looking at me at the same time then looking at her owners.

Back
Top Bottom