Had sleep deprived eeg today

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

horsehead

New
Reaction score
So i've been up since 8 am yesterday , it 6:30 pm now. had the eeg at 9 am today. So all i know that occured during the eeg is very rapid eye blinking during the strobe lights and hyperventalation parts of the test. i was aware of it but could not control it. could this possibly be a seizure? Nothing else happened during the test that i am aware of. the tech was typeing away but she never said anything. wont probably know anything tell 18th of april when i have the follow up appt

I'm told it is very normal for the eyes to feel like they are "flickering" in response to the strobe light. During the hyperventilation test I'm not sure what eye blinking would mean as I've never had that one done.

After I'm deprived of sleep, my eyes burn and I blink a lot. It probably gets worse in stressful situations. I don't think it would mean much, but I guess that is why there is a doctor to explain it. ;)

yep wont know though tell the 18th of april so i thought i'd ask you guys. the tech doing the test didn't say anything they normally dont

Yuck these tests suck! but then again they're suppose to

I can never tolerate them for more than 5 minutes...though MRI's don't bother me as much

I don't think they made me hyperventilate this last test though...can't remember...they did make me do a strip dance though (jk)

Back
Top Bottom