Hair loss!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cinnabar

New
Reaction score
I've been on 600mg of Lamictal for sometime and on Clonopin for the past six months. My doctor has suggested vitamin supplements but they're not doing the trick. Even though I've been on these meds for sometime is it possible to have this problem, accumulating over time?

Last edited:
You can find every drug in your hair, smoke too.... my hair had become thinner with valproate, It is a price I had to pay.

Prenantal vitamins used to help when I was taking Depakote.....but when I also started suffering from fatigue, and my hands and feet were like ice all the time, I broke down and went to see my doc. Turned out I was hypothyroid. Just a borderline case. But enough that it was causing the hair loss.

Thanks

You can find every drug in your hair, smoke too.... my hair had become thinner with valproate, It is a price I had to pay.
I'm sure we're not alone. Flaxseed oil should help. Hair loss is also due to vitamine D deficiancy. Many of us are homebound and don't get enough sun. Yep. It's a price to pay. It just seemed to happen over night...that's how I experienced it.

Back
Top Bottom