half seizures maybe?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

C0urt

Veteran
Reaction score
I have had the strangest seizures lately.

my normal aura, starts in my my chest to right hand and then spreads across my shoulders to my left hand.

lately they have just been half aura, I will prep for passing out, but then I will have what feels like half a seizure and I stay conscious. it is just like half my body on the right side feels numb. I still don't want to risk moving around around when it happens, and I am still no were near at 100% when it happens, it also ruins my memory for a bit

Anybody else use to this sorta thing or have any information ?

I have complex partial seizures and every once in a while, a seizure starts with the aura, but doesn't really progess like I thought it would.
I'm guessing that my medication is stopping it, or making it less severe or something. But not real sure since it doesn't happen that often.

Do you take medications for your seizures?
What kind of seizures do you have?
Are your's simple partial or complex partial?

Take care

I do know what you mean.
I have had a few strong auras where I do sit on the floor waiting for the the tonic clonic and nothing happens

I normally have tonic colinics. i am on tegretol and tegretol xr twice a day.

It just feels weird to have an aura and then not really pass out.

Yes it does.
Sometimes I can feel myself tensing and then nothing. Im never sure if its me tensing because I know the natural response, or if the seizure starts and stops.

Occasionally, I get a sensation and can trace it up or down my spine. I say up or down because I'm not sure which it is. It's hard to tell. The sensation is there in seizures I have and it's definitely painful then.

C0urt, just be careful. When I have my usual seizures - partials - they progress into grand mals if I move around. I've learned why E used to be called The Falling Disease.

Back
Top Bottom