It happened...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

chop456

New
Reaction score
I just need to get it out. After 2.5 years into her JME diagnosis, numerous med increases, MAD diet for over a year, and many mornings of myoclonics ... Paige had her 1st tonic clonic seizure. She had been at school camp for 3 days with less than 7 hours of sleep each night and woke up this morning without giving herself 15-20 minutes of laying and slowly waking up. The kids were frantically packing and she popped up to pack. Within minutes the jerks got bad, she felt her heart beating fast, hit stressed and anxiety filled, and became very tired so she sat down. Boom. It happened. Sad I was not there to be with her. I drove up to get her right away. She was fine by the time I got there - 1.25 hours away. She slept all afternoon but insisted on going to cross country practice and is racing tomorrow. I was surprised she did not have a headache or body ache. I guess her arms jerked first and then her legs started. Breathing was labored. But no biting the tongue. Lasted 2-3 minutes. We were on a good roll. She's upset about no driving for 3 months but understands. Send good vibes for her race tomorrow! She's not one to let get E get her down. I certainly hope she kicks some a$$!

Definitely sending good vibes! I hope you and she both bounce back from this quickly. It sounds like there were contributing stressors (especially hard to avoid in a teen's life) so fingers-crossed that this is a one-time thing.

She sounds hardcore! You both do :)

Sending out good vibes...

Not as great a run as she was hoping... but I say who cares! She got out there and RAN! She's a varsity runner and I am one proud mommy!

Back
Top Bottom