Happy New Year and THANK YOU TO ALL!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KelVarQ

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone and Happy New Year. I haven't been on much lately since I've been working on a job. (I do computer freelance work from home).

Anyway, I wanted to give you an update and some of the things that I've learned. I learned that YES Gluten is definitely a contributing factor to my seizures, if not the only factor! I've been doing fabulous with seizure control for the past month or so since getting off Gluten 100%. I have had a couple seizures since it's a bit of trial an error with the whole Gluten free diet, but LUCKILY for me I can tell within a minute or so if I just ate something that had Gluten because my head lets me know. I don't seize, but I can literally feel the activity or at least my head doesn't feel right and I'll usually seize that night during my sleep. I'm lucky to get this sign since it's just a warning to let me know I can't eat that. For example: I had some gluten free pasta (it said Gluten free) and had some chicken with it and I didn't feel right and then a couple days later had a piece of chicken and sure enough it wasn't the gluten free pasta but rather the chicken. I didn't realize chicken would contain Gluten, but apparently it does. I even had the "All Natural" chicken, but still no good. I'm learning quickly though : ) I also know I can't have peanuts either. So by avoiding peanuts and gluten my seizure control is better than ever, including those years of being on meds. I believe eventually I will be 100% seizure free once I totally get the gluten free foods down, which again I'm learning.

So, I wanted to send a big THANK YOU to every one of you who has helped me through ths and more importantly EDUCATING me on controlling seizures through diets. My wish for 2010 is we ALL find a way to rid these seizures as well as any other ailments one may have. WISHING YOU ALL GOOD HEALTH!!! I'm hoping to finish up this job soon and I'll see you all in 2K10!

One thing I forgot to mention

I can't believe I've been living my whole life on Gluten and having no clue that it actually made me feel like crap! Now that I'm off Gluten and when I accidently have it I honestly can't believe the way it makes me feel and then to think that I was feeling like that all the time, BUT didn't know any better because it was the norm. Amazing what we can get use to and now that I know the difference I would NEVER go back to gluten because now I KNOW first hand that it's BAD!!! Even for those without the allergy, I still can't imagine it's good for anybody.

Congratulations....

It's so great to hear that you found what's triggering your seizures, never mind the fact that it's something you have the ability to change.
:rock:

KelVarQ - I am so glad that you have found the cause of your seizures. I hope that your medical team is taking notice. This is really great news, and I hope that we can shout this out to the world.

Not sure you saw this article:
Gluten: What you don't know might kill you

All I

can say is:

WOOOHOOO!!!!!

(Actually, I can say that that really is truly fantastic, Kel. I'm VERY happy for you!) :)

:woot::clap::woot::clap:

Back
Top Bottom