has anyone bruised your bottom

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jyearta

New
Reaction score
I was on my treadmill, went flying backwards, now my tail bone is hurting all the up my back.

I got in a tub of HOT water, now I'm setting with Ice on it.

should I do something more?

I can feel the soreness going up my back.

and that was a thread to sit down to, sorry love

I was just discharged from hospital after having my rectum and anus removed due to a short finished bout with cancer. I now have a new "butt hole" in my lower abdomen which I will be using enemas on shortly so I don't have to wear a bag for long, just a small cap.
Right now my backside hurts like nobody's busniness and my family went out and bought a inflatable pillow that looks like a life preserver at the nearby pharmacy. Before than I was sitting on different pillows, more than one, that took the pressure off the painful area or simply laying down.
I hope your pain goes away shortly as it says it should on the link below.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tailbone-pain/AN02170

Oh my, I will put you on my prayer list. I prayer you will get better each day.

I will go and get me a pillow. I feel bad to complain, when you have it much more worse.

:rose::rose::rose:

Jyearta -- Ice is best, up to 20 minutes at a time, then a break, then reapply. heat can help too, but the pain relief from ice is a bit longer lasting. IF the pain gets worse or doesn't go away, see your doctor.

Daydreamer -- Sorry to hear all you've been through, I hope things get better for you from here on out.

I've done that, and it sucks. Another thing to do that helps me with a LOT of issues is taking a warm/hot bath with epsom salts. Now that I have a bath tub (I've only had showers for a really long time), I take warm baths with Epsom salts every time I do something painful (mostly after workouts, but it works for lots of things), and it helps a LOT. It relaxes everything.

But if the pain all the way up the back persists, I would DEFINITELY look into seeing some type of doctor.

Back
Top Bottom