Has anyone ever been successfully weaned off their epilepsy meds?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

currently on topamax, tegratol, potiga.
going to try to spend the next five weeks weaning off potiga. we will see what happens. if anything happens right back on it.

weaning off Valpro - 1500 to 1000mg resulted in less seizures and less intense seizures and better overall wellbeing....

yeah court, n they wanted to add another med, which my Son said NO to....bleedin trail n error as we well know...

thank u.....XXXK

potiga turned my pee blue,

is it always worth the side effects

potiga = blue pee...hmmm...never heard pf it but going to look up now...

CBD :) worth a look into?

looks like I am going to have to give up video games since I am giving potiga, the headaches are setting in WOOT !

over 6 months seizure free

Jonathan is now 6 months seizure free. Weaning off the Dilantin and Keppra actually seemed to help with seizure control. He continues on Zonegran and the Ketogenic diet.

About 1 month ago, we made the decision to slowly taper down the Zonegran. He is on a high dose, and we constantly have issues with metabolic acidosis and aggression. He was on 250 mg/day, and the taper is .25 mg every 3 months. It'll take 2 years to completely wean, at which time he'll just be on the Ketogenic diet. We're not sure if he'll be able to do a complete wean or not. But hopefully getting down to at least a lower dose will give seizure control without so much side effects. So, he's been down to 225 mg/day for the past month, with no seizures.

Back
Top Bottom