Have you ever experienced "time travel" during a seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My answer is "yes."

I've visited my grandfather (who died in 1969)...eaten my mother's miserable cooking...tried once again to speak French...visited strange, beautiful places...and tumbled down a deep, black hole.

I wouldn't say I've experienced time travel as such.. but during auras I get memories of things that seem so real - like I'm almost back there. Memories of things I haven't thought of in at least 20 years. Like eating ice cream at my friends house when I was 5, and remembering the seats, the cone, the table, all in detail. Something I would have never remembered otherwise but the auras/seizures tend to pull memories out of the memory bank at random.

yeah, not exactly time travelled, but like chris.

I have a fantastic memory for things like that *which is why its bugging me so bad when I noticed that I am losing it from my medication* But I remember things like my grandma singing me to sleep one night. watching fireworks reflect onto the shiney gold door knob. she sang "you are my sunshine" and she smelled like baby powder. her comforter felt scratchy from being home made. she wore a red and blue striped shirt. and had her dentures out. *lol*

just lots of past memories. but nothing that I could never have known or been.

Mine is like Chris. I have extremely vivid, random memories from my past flash into my mind, and feel everything I did during the original event.

I have a fantastic memory for things like that *which is why its bugging me so bad when I noticed that I am losing it from my medication*

I feel the same way. I have a hard time remembering what I watched on TV yesterday. I'm starting to lose a lot of what I learned in University. That really really sucks.

But more than anything my short term memory is horrible.

Mine is like Chris. I have extremely vivid, random memories from my past flash into my mind, and feel everything I did during the original event.

Yes! So that means those intense memories do exist in our brains. Why does it take a seizure to bring them out??

Sometimes I wonder if seizures are times of enlightenment, that we just experience from a higher level or a different perspective than a "normal" person. And on the short term memory...don't cram right before a test! :/

I found this thread very very interesting , i really appreciate if somebody else can share
experience with this question
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom