Having a seizure and it feels like i am going to crap my pants :(

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Janellie8

New
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question here...
When you have a seizure, does it ever feel like you are going bathroom? Like the other day I had one and it felt like I was going to crap my pants. But it doesn't really happen. Its just that feeling. Maybe I am weird.

Janellie

then do yourself a favor, and keep your bladder and bowel clear.

I have peed myself during a seizure but never felt it coming on as it happened when I was unconscious. From what I understand though either during a tonic clonic is normal.

Yes, I have felt like I had to go pee and like Penny mentioned it is "normal." Luckily, I have never lost continence. I think that would be quite embarrassing..
Court, how do You propose keeping your insides clean always?
M

Yes, I have felt like I had to go pee and like Penny mentioned it is "normal." Luckily, I have never lost continence. I think that would be quite embarrassing..
M

The most embarrassing time was when I had a seizure while trying on pants in the dressing room. I wet the pants I was trying on. The dressing room attendant came back to check on me as I was in there so long. She was so sweet. She brought a bag back and had me put the pants in it and told me not to worry about it. She gave me paper towels to mop up and had a mop that she cleaned with too. I was impressed and still am with her kindness. :)

Yes you are weird (jk)...but guess what...I like weird ;)

but seriously...this usually happens to me when I'm sleep deprived and start feeling fidgety/disoriented...I try to go to bed and I'll lay there in the midst of falling asleep and then suddenly BOOM!!!

The room is spinning...
My heart is racing...
I'm hot and sweaty...
I can't catch my breath...

I grab onto something cuz I feel like I'm gonna fall over or something...then I'll notice a sudden urge to PRRRT!!! (crap) or FIRE A LAZOR!!! (pee) then I'll run to the bathroom and crash land my bum on the toilet feeling like I'm trying to using the restroom in zero gravity or some weird thing like that...basically not pleasant

but I have never actually gone unconscious and messed myself...I don't think

Last edited:
M

It would be terribly embarrassing I can agree! Its never happened to me (knock on wood). :)

The most embarrassing time was when I had a seizure while trying on pants in the dressing room. I wet the pants I was trying on. The dressing room attendant came back to check on me as I was in there so long. She was so sweet. She brought a bag back and had me put the pants in it and told me not to worry about it. She gave me paper towels to mop up and had a mop that she cleaned with too. I was impressed and still am with her kindness. :)

That is an amazing experience! (not the peeing but of just how kind and sweet a total stranger can be) :)

Hugs,
Janellie

Yes you are weird (jk)...but guess what...I like weird ;)

but seriously...this usually happens to me when I'm sleep deprived and start feeling fidgety/disoriented...I try to go to bed and I'll lay there in the midst of falling asleep and then suddenly BOOM!!!

The room is spinning...
My heart is racing...
I'm hot and sweaty...
I can't catch my breath...

I grab onto something cuz I feel like I'm gonna fall over or something...then I'll notice a sudden urge to PRRRT!!! (crap) or FIRE A LAZOR!!! (pee) then I'll run to the bathroom and crash land my bum on the toilet feeling like I'm trying to using the restroom in zero gravity or some weird thing like that...basically not pleasant

but I have never actually gone unconscious and messed myself...I don't think

Ahh you are so sweet! I like you! :) I'm glad you understand what I am talking about. I HATE that feeling! But what can you do you know? Besides run to the restroom frantically :) jk

Thanks for making me smile,
Janellie

And taco bell is blehhhh, don't like it much! I got my grandma at home who cooks the real deal :D

Indeed! Why on God's green earth would you eat that fake "Mexican" garbage (unless you're in a hurry lol)...I'm Latino myself (a mix of Spanish and Indian and whatever else I am unaware of) but don't eat Mexican food that often because I have a sensitive stomach (go figure)...but when I do eat it...I make damn sure it is 100% authentic and made by actual REAL Latinos who know how to cook!!!

Yeah it may not be the healthiest food but it sure is delicious! I live in Cali (in the valley) and there are loads of taco trucks everywhere...there's a couple just a few blocks down the road and man they are da bomb! lol literally a NUCLEAR EXPLOSION IN MY MOUTH!!! but I can't remember the last time I had some from my grandma since I don't visit my family that much (it's complicated lol) but anyway yeah...screw that wannabe "Mexican" food made by some greedy company...eat the REAL STUFF MADE STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!!! :D

Last edited:
Ahh you are so sweet! I like you! :) I'm glad you understand what I am talking about. I HATE that feeling! But what can you do you know? Besides run to the restroom frantically :) jk

Thanks for making me smile,
Janellie

Lol np it's my "specialty" :D

Hey guys, quick question here...
When you have a seizure, does it ever feel like you are going bathroom? Like the other day I had one and it felt like I was going to crap my pants. But it doesn't really happen. Its just that feeling. Maybe I am weird.

Janellie

There are times, but rarely. During my CPS its rare for it to happen. But on one occasion I did crap my pants. Although I already had diarrhea that day. I was working and stressed out. The stress increased because of the diarrhea. Which resulted in me having CPS and crapping my pants. That has never happened again. K.O.W.

The only instances are peeing my pants during tonic clonics. Which happen very rarely.

Don't feel weird. :)

Back
Top Bottom