Hawke's Surgery ... Begins Feb 5th (updated by Brain)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hawke, I really hope all goes well for your surgery! Count down the days, minutes, hours, seconds......

I'm still counting the days go by. Next I have to do all the tests needed for surgery. I'll be glad when the day gets here. When I seen my doctor today, she said I need to see a cardiologist. Other then that things are about the same.

Hawke, the waiting can be so bad I know. I'm thinking of you every day. Things will be ok. That is the way you have to think. Love ya, Teresa

Teresa,
I'm getting more depressed and scared the closer the surgery date gets here. I have been waking up several times a night from it. The closer it gets here the more scared I get.

Think positive and good thoughts. you have a lot of people praying for you!

I'm more depressed and scared as it gets closer to surgery. One of the things that scares me is if I have a bad seizure and not come out of it.

I can see how it can be scarey

Surgery is a big thing but it also might be a point of change in your life. Maybe you should try thinking of the surgery as a starting point for a new life. You may have a great reduction in seizures as well as numerous other positive things. You won't know how great it is or isn't until afterwards but I don't think things are likely to get any worse, do you?

Besides, we'll all be here rooting for you.

This is going to be my third surgery for seizures. Thanks Everyone for being there for me.

I hope the surgery goes well*. Hang in there Hawke. I hope you had a good day.

joan*

Last edited:
We'll be keeping you in our prayers and thoughts,
you're a strong fellow! You can make it! We will
be here for you!

:tup:

When do they have this scheduled for you?

Awww Hawke (((HUGS))). Surgery is a scary thing, but try to stay calm (we both know that stress makes seizures worse).

So surround yourself with colorful/happy objects (and of course...us...colorful, happy loons here at CWE) :D

Take care my friend,
Julie :)

(Hawke, by "happy object," I mean things that make you feel good inside or make you want to smile or laugh).

Hawke, you're a lot stronger of a person than you think. Look at everything you've gone through already. We can only hope and pray that this surgery may actually be the one that really helps you. ((Hugs)) to you!

Hey Hawke!
Its hard to think of it as a positive thing as much as we keep telling you to. No matter what you will worry and cant sleep the day before the surgery especially. You just have to take it day by day and try to be stronger. I know words are easier than actions. I went through this with my brain surgery. But I seemed to worry myself too much that it wasnt even worth it. You will find out when you go through the surgery and say to yourself, "Why did I do that?" Just know you have us praying for you. I hope you have a positive outcome. Take care..

Less then a week until the surgery time gets here. I signed the rest of the paper work needed for the surgery today. I also met the surgeon's assistant today. I'm still counting the days,hours,minutes and seconds till the surgery time gets here. How was everybodys week? I hope everyone had a good one. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

We are rooting for you that everything will
go smoothly and you'll be in top notch shape
and be coming out of it like a "TOP GUN"
pilot! Whoo Hoo!

:tup:

Hawke,
Hey, how's it going? Hope your surgery goes well. Mine went well both times. I had the VNS put in 8/30/02. It only worked for about 8 months then the seizures returned.
I then had a right temporal lobectomy in March, 07' in Austin, TX. So far it has been 100% success. I had the VNS removed 9/02/08. To the best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom