Head pressure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi all. I've always had pressure in my head before and after a seizure. Like it starts in the front and spreads to the back, and then I go into a daze. But recently I've been having this somewhat more painful pressure in a small area. The area is usually about the size of a fingertip and it is usually behind either of my ears and about 1 inch up and it lasts about a minute. Anyone know what this is? Thanks.

Have you had a recent MRI or CT scan? this could help explain it.

It could also be water retention. (can you feel it in your ears and nose too?) or more like someone sqeezing your head?

After a complex partial, i get a short, sharp pain above my right eyebrow, but nto sure what that is. (by scarring is on the right front part of my brain, behind my right eye.)

I got that sort of headache in the first few months I was on Lamictal. Has there been any change in your routine that might account for it? Change in weather, lighting, diet, hydration -- sometimes it's some small detail that can account for a new side effect or symptom.

Back
Top Bottom