Hello. Is this EEG report normal?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

IckeDavid

New
Reaction score
Hello. Is this a normal EEG report? This is what my mother just had. She passed out while driving. Now she is scared and scaring me with her telephone calls worrying about this report. I told her to just go ask her family doctor to explain it for her. I'm 6 hours away right now.

Is this normal to have the EEG while awake and asleep?

The EEG was recorded with the standard 10-20 system of electrode
placement. The patient was awake and cooperative and also asleep.

Background activity comprises of alpha activity 9-10 c/s,
which is symmetrical in the occipital leads and spreading anteriorly
interspersed with fast beta activity. No paroxysmal activity seen.
Hyperventilation and photic stimulation is non-contributory.

Thanks.

Hi IckeDavid (fan of the lizard man are you?), welcome to the forum. :hello:

... Is this normal to have the EEG while awake and asleep?

Yes, EEGs can be taken while the subject is awake and/or asleep. Some people experience more problems while in one state than the other. Any issues at night that prevent proper, restful sleep could cause issues during the day.

Sounds like they didn't find any epileptiform activity, but her doctor should explain the results to her.

Back
Top Bottom