help

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Have just posted about my partners' nocturnal seizure and now he is still in bed. When I have just checked on him, he is talking absolute gobbledygook i'm pretty freaked out right now is this normal???

Yes, it is normal. When I first started having seizures they started during the night. My husband was still alive and would tell me in the am about all that I did. I remembered some things but thought that I had been dreaming. Don't freak out, stay calm. It will pass. I know it is scary for you but try to be strong!
Good Luck!
M

Thankyou. I just let him sleep. He woke up at 9am and seems to be ok. His muscles are very sore but he isn't as confused and "out of it" like he has been after his first 2 nocturnal seizures. It really good to know that I only have to log onto this forum to get help and advice xx

The epilepsy foundation has nice, short, simple outlines of seizure types. Ten minutes, and you'll have enough of an idea not to get completely freaked out again. http://www.epilepsy.com/

That sounds like mine sometimes. i do not know how often at night as i am single. My lovely girlfriend was spending the night and after a tonic she helped when i got out of bed in a dilirium stumbling around and forcably pushing may way downstairs against her efforts to stop me.

'talking absolute gobbledygook' is part and parcel with a tonic clonic, don't worry.
in one way it is a 'good' sign (unless it lasts longer than 10 minutes or so, which may indicate another seizure coming), b/c that means his brain is awake and trying to reconnect with the world. when we come back into consciousness we can say what we want in our head, it just won't come out right, at the beginning because the neuropath between consciousness and language haven't yet reconnected.

the main concern is staying unconscious or somewhat coming 'back' but not responsive. so, talking gobbly for a bit is a good sign :)

Back
Top Bottom