Help!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Trinity

New
Reaction score
Well I have been having these strange tingling sensations which started out just over the left side of my head. I've now been having them on the right side and at the back of my head too. I'm not sure if it's possible that it's E related or not. I'm on Epilim and have been for quite some time now and i'm also on anti-depressants (sertraline) which I went off for about a week (I know not good). So anyway, I am aware that the sertraline effects the epilim and so my neurologist with that in mind, and with checking against blood levels has raised my dosage (of Epilim) since being on the sertraline. So, i'm wondering since I was only on Epilim for a week without any sertraline could that have made me feel this way. I'm currently back on the sertraline and have been for the last 3 days but still not feeling totally well - should I be concerned??????

Personally, I

would start keeping a journal--of how you feel each day. With each med, without the other med, etc. Dosage changes, etc. Keep track of them. The feeling may or may not be related to that. The journal will help you figure that out.

Let your body rest, and try not to stress out too badly, things always end up being worse that way for some reason......

Oh, and welcome to CWE!!!

It could be the Sertraline -- as with AEDS, going off and going on and an anti-depressant too quickly is hard on the brain. If you go on or off too quickly you can experience "brain zaps" that are bit like you describe. You should give your body time to adjust to being back on the med. Keep a journal as Meetz suggested, and contact your doctor if things start too escalate, or become intolerable.

Back
Top Bottom