help....bad seizures tonight and still do not understand/need to unload

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey Guys, sorry if I don't make sense and ramble..still feel weird

I woke up at about 2:50 a.m. with me weird nocturnal seizures..they are awful because they continue for a long time and my breathing feels so weird and shallow and screwed up. I will feel teerible today(EAster) which stinks! Very wiped out. I am having a hard time typing and going back and fixing my typing I feel slowed. I second guess everything after these spells...if my typing is screwed up I don't doubt it..I keep having to fix everything. I am still not fully onto the lamictal. just please tell me it'll get better..I know life's turns are unknowing..and things pop up..I just wish I would stabilize a bit. I have alot of inner feelings and was talking to my husband earlier,,I alwyas feel in my gut there is more undiagnosed..autoimmune else?? Strong family history..have gone for yrs. with alot of things and Drs. checking..it can be yrs. sometimes to get dxed and I always carry that worry. Sometimes I just leave it and don't worry because I know it is in Gods hands, but when I feel really awful of course the worry is there and worse. Most of the time I handle it well ..it's just the bad times..I have had alot over the yrs. then I know it is nothing compared to some people with a lifetime of horrible things. I just needed to unload all of my burdens and get them off my chest. Maybe I did too much today. I ,may try to rest more..I wish I had more cut and dried answers but the neuros office and epileptologist said my case is unusual and not the typical basic seizures if there is such thing?? They all suck and are weird.

Thanks for my ramble and Happy Easter!!God bless all of you!! No surise mass for me..I hate missing out on things and the unknown of how I will feel on a daily basis.
I knowI sound like a real baskety case..if you knew me..I am like your regular soccer Mom. And pretty put together. DO you ever just say why me?? But then why not I guess.. everyone has some burden in life at some point.

Michelle

Michelle - I am so sorry that you have been feeling so bad. Don't worry about making sense, it made perfect sense to me.

Today is a day of rest, so enjoy it. Instead of "doing" make it a day of experiencing all "HE" has given us. A day of gratitude, instead of a To Do day.

Hope you feel better.

hugs.gif

(((((( Hugs )))))

And feel better soon!

Michelle,

I hope you start feeling better! Ive never had a nocturnal seizure that im aware of

has your neuro ever given you test at a sleep center for sleeping disorders like sleep apnea my husband while sleeping has breathing problems he was diagnosed with apnea about three years ago... they had him ware a cpap he has refused to ware it... but im thinking you might ask your doctor about it....

on a lighter note
HAVE A HAPPY EASTER! rest and just remember we are here for you!

Love & hugs
angel

So sorry Michelle...

...relax as much as possible today and try to gain your strength!

Wish you speedy recovery
Spencer

Thanks to all of my Pals!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Easter!! I would like to thank all of you personally for the well wishes and just being here. It truly means the world to have others that know and understand! So Thank you and God Bless all of you and your familes!! I have not even re- read my post, but I am sure it was all wacked out and confusing and spelled incorrectly. I was so out of it and feeling awful! We actually went to my sisters for a while today, which was tiring, but nice to have a Happy Easter and try to relax. I still feel really awful..my days after the night seizures are really awful. Just so weak and icky feeling and bad breathing, headache..etc. Angel..I do have apnea and use my cpap, which they just added oxygen as well. I did the whole sleep studies 3 times and then the neuro also diagnosed the seizures. Anyways..I hope I will feel a alot better in a day or so and I hope all of ya'll are well!!!!!

Thanks again!
Michelle : )

Robin,

Your note was perect for me today!! It meant alot!! I keep reminding myself of these things!! Thank you so very much!!

Michelle

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Don't feel bad about asking 'why me'. Jesus asked his father the same thing. It takes a lot of courage to face the world every day with any health problems. To wonder why you are the one is not giving up or complaining or weakness or cowardness. It is simply part of taking that break we need to recover and get back on our feet.

I have not had a tonic clonic in a long time, but over the last year I have had more days that felt like I had had a seizure the day before. The recovery time can seem as bad as the seizure, because then I am awake.

Feel better soon!

Thanks Buckeye!

I appreciate it! I agree..it is something that is just not easy to deal with each day..some are better than others and I try to take things one day at a time. We all have different crosses to carry...some are much worse than others. I feel so fortunate I am not dealing with cancer or paralyzed or a dying child. We all have what we have and do the best we can. It is just during the bad times we ask those questions...and that is when I need my faith and trust in God.(I alway do, but at those times I really know I am not alone) That is how I try to handle it. I know everyone has there own ways..
I reread my post..which was pretty much at the tail-end of my seizure and I was really foggy and confused..boy my typing was terrible and so mixed up!
The brain is an amazing thing!!! I have learned so many interesting things I didn't know.
Hey how is your weather up there? Are you having any flood troubles? Hope not!!We just had all the bad tornadoes in our downtown about 10 days ago. They'd never hit downtown Atlanta before. Damage was awful. Thankfully we did not have any problems since we are just North of Atl. but did spend a few hours in the basement. Spring is always weird! Beautiful but crazy weather!

Have a great day Buckeye!!
Michelle

Glad to hear you're feeling better Michelle. :) And that your Easter wasn't completely miserable. :) As for the "why me" question....Heck...we all go through that. :) Just hang tough. And, you might want to get a sleep study done like Angel suggested.

Thanks again! Easter was beautiful and we spent it with family and friends..so that was wonderful!!! I actually have had 3 studies. I go back to the Pulmo Dr. on Wed..so we'll see. Every day is a new day, right? I actually had spells last night..and a migraine this a.m. but it wasn't quite as bad as the night before.

Have a happy day! : )
Michelle

Our weather is slowly improving. I am not in a flood prone area, but the whole state has been having a late spring. Parts of the state had 20+ inshes of snow (a lot for Ohio) and then we were in the 50s a few days later. All the snow melt plus another 4 inches of rain caused considerable headaches for a lot of people.

Now we are sending a good part of it down the Mississippi. I saw the first crocuses blooming last week and now the tulips are coming up.

We have dodged the tornadoes the last few years, but have had our share.

Take care Michelle.

Still need prayers..PLEASE!!

Hey Guys,

I am feeling really worse and worse and just ask all of you to please pray for me. I really need it. Even if you don't pray..maybe some good thoughts my way! Each time I try to fall asleep.i cannot breathe..it is extremely shallow and I feel like I am dying..literally. We know I have seizures... usually at night,,possibly small ones in day. it is not anxiety as the root cause. For yrs. they said panic/anxiety. That is all established and now they know it wasn't panic. Yes, my anxiety does come with the seizures..naturally, but they aren't painic attacks..they are confirmed seizures.I just know something else is wrong. My heart causing seizures..? I don't know.All tests so far were o.k. I have not had a heart cath..I just turned 41..but the nuclear stress test was o.k. I have chronic muscle weakness,pain...and the numbing,tingling and pain mostly in arms is much worse lately. I really believe in my gut it is more..like ms or something. God I hope I am wrong. Unfortunately my inner voice has been correct thus far and I have always known myself well. I go back to the pulmo dr. that has been really great and he also think probable autoimmune.My bloodwork has had slight indicators..but it can take yrs. to be certain sometimes. I pray for help and to feel better..I love my husband and our 2 wonderful kids so much and just want to be around for them and to live a happy life with them. I think this is one of my low points in life..isn't that what they say..the highs and lows of life..well..I have been at this stage for a while and would really appreciate going up.

Can this all be just from seizures?? I know they said the temp.lobe ones can cause all sorts of weird things..
Sorry for such a long note. again! : )) I appreciate you all so much and wish each one of you good things and and good health!!

I guess on the brighter side seriously..I have had these feelings for at least 5 yrs. and they haven't killed me yet. I willl try to remind myself of that..anxiety does come when these spells are bad. I feel for all the people in the world that suffer with so many different ailments. I pray everyone finds relief and peace from suffering!!

Goodness, i must sound like a real bible thumper..I just really understand pain and suffering and yet I know others are so much worse...and I can't imagine.

Thanks again for listening ya'll.

P.S. I already have cpap and oxygen after sleep study and fibromyalgia I know it's hard to remember what everyone else has specifically. I do anyways..trouble with memory! On a lighter note.my left side of brain may be slow, but my right is super fast!!

Michelle : ((((

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you breathe easy tonight.

Michelle, a lot of those symptoms you describe is your fibromyalgia getting flared up. I know, because I have to deal with it every day. I know exactly what you're talking about. I was scared to death that I had an autoimmune disease too, until I was diagnosed this past January. What's probably happenning is, you're having seizures as you fall asleep (happens to me too sometimes) and they're causing anxiety/panic and increased heart rate, which activates your flight-or-flight response. The constant adrenaline release depletes your dopamine. My rheumatologist says that fibro is oftentimes first detected in patients seeking medical attention for chronic chest pain. The chronic muscle weakness, pain, tingling, numbness - that's a fibro flare. All your sleep issues, plus the stress of dealing with all this, is aggravating it big time. The more you worry and stress over this, the worse it's going to make you feel. Try not to stress over it. I know that's much easier said then done. Try to replace your fears and worries with pleasant and positive thoughts, that has really helped me a lot.

Are you being treated at all for the fibro? Are the docs giving you anything to make you sleep? I find that taking a clonazepam on nights that I'm overtired helps avert those falling asleep seizures. These seizures at night are messing with your sleep cycle and contributing to your fibro symptoms. Mirapex helps a lot with the fibro symptoms, as do L-Dopa supplements.

Hang in there hon. You're gonna be ok. :e:

Thank you so much Dear!! I tried to email you again with my info. I hope this one gets through..i have no idea wht the heck I am doing wrong or where my long emails are going?? We really do have so much in common..and I would love to talk more.Yea, lat night was pretty awful...3 nights in a row now. Let me know if you get my reply with my info. I sure hope it goes through..Talk soon!

Michelle

Thank you Bernard...I have just been going through a really rough spot. I know it'll get better..it has to, right? I hope you are doing well!!!

Michelle :))

Melatonin

My prayers go out to you each night. The fear you have of the unknown causes is completely understandable. With your seizure, your mind may simply not be getting the rest it needs to get you back into a normal sleep pattern.

Possibly the only thing scarier to me than the start of a tonic clonic seizure is the inability to breathe. I have some mild chronic asthma.

:e:

Hey Bernard,

I understand the asthma thing. I have asthma..but I really only get it when I am sick and only occasionally. However, both of our children have it bad.It is really scary. Our daughter is 13 now and she gets it with colds and allergies..our son is now 16 1/2 (very healthy now)and he has had his share of bad asthma and chronic pneumonia. Thank God he hasn't had it is 2 1/2 yrs. now. Poor kid really had yrs. of being sick. It is an awful feeling. Pain I can deal with. But when you can't breathe..it is terrible! Breathing is your lifeline and when it's more than mildly bad, I can't handle it. I always feel so badly for people with breathing trouble. Such suffering.As a Mom it is awful when you can't help your kids breathe better..all the nebulizer treatments and meds. We've spent many nights up with asthma and croup. Is yours controlled now? I hope so. My husband has it also..bad as a kid, but now he rarely has a problem..once in a while.

Hey Bernard...when I first came on this site I thought you were older! Isn't that funny..it's like my husband..he has a name that you don't hear too often in our generation. We are actually only a few yrs. apart I think...I'm 41.

I think you are right...when your sleep is off, it messes with everything...including seizures/anxiety for sure. I am in a bad cycle I guess. I've done this before..and I hope and pray to improve soon..Thanks again Bernard!

Back
Top Bottom