help ease stress causing t/c b4 op

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Tate

New
Reaction score
just a quick question.....

As we all know stress and anxiety are not real good on the seizure activity.....

I am wandering as I am obviously under more stress seens I am leaving on sat morning and it being wed evening not long to go for my op.... I had 2 t/c this arvo and am still having auras, and i also has auras and also had complex partial and partial this morning and several y'day sori if i am not making that much sense as i dont normally after but am just wanting to hear from people bout it

I am just wanting to know i any one knows how to help de stress there subconcious..... I am trying to stay as calm as possible and I am wanting this operation so i am seeing it as a postivie thing.... but i think i am more scared with out knowing it....

I was taken to the hosptial today after i had 2nd t/cas was at a friends place who correctly thought 2 so close 2getha wasnt good and I generally even after a t/c have a low blood pressure or sometimes what would be considered normal as mine is always so low.... yet 2day it was sooooooo soooooooooo sooooooooooooo high, 190/120 and im normally 90-80/ 60-50 so thats really high for me but high for ayone as i live in a very small town 2000 people i was lucky that my reg gp came up to see me... and he was worried about me being to stressed as i have had so many episodes in the last few days and I have to travell 10 hours to where I have to have my operation.....

I have tried meditaion, relaxing music, i dont like yoga but have tried it.... and dont want to try thai chi....

I just have no idea ow to make my subconcious know that I am ok..... or for that matter let my sub concious tell me that I am stressed.....

Any feed back anyone can offer will be so greatly appreciated.......
thanks in advance

And sorry if this doesnt make sense.... I proberly should have waited til 2moro.... but i get sick of resting resting resting.....

Take care everyone
mwaaahsss
tate

Last edited:
When I am anxious about something, the only thing that works for me is an epiphany of perspective - Que Sera, Sera:

Maybe it's not RELAXING music you need!......

Try music you've never tried before...

I found that 'interesting' is a better description for what worked\works on me. Forever I knew only my little select genre's of tunes, but I branched into 'uncharted territories' once I found stuff that helped me.

Basically, it gets your brain 'thinking' and 'focusing' on something almost subliminally (if it's in the background) so it doesn't have the chance to wander off into seizure land (if you're coherent) or to bring you back like a life preserver ring (if you're incoherent).

At least, that's MY accounting!
:twocents: Good Luck!

For me (though I have never had surgery of any kind), breathing, visualization, and perhaps writing down your worries, as well as perhaps what you are going to do with a seizure free life.

What are you going to treat yourself with when you arrive back from the hospital?

I wish you all the best.. by the way.

I agree with Speber Tate. Try some music you don't normally listen to, something quite different for you. What about polka music, or, for contrast, Chinese String music. Something that gets your attention, may distract your brain from getting pulled into a seizure.
Practicing the conscious slow breathing, as Robin points out, while also visualizing your brain calming down is also a good strategy for relaxing yourself and getting your deeper fears to ease up. It is a way to comfort yourself when you feels so stressed and overwhelmed. Go slow and take care of yourself.

Last edited:
I read, do relaxing stuff like search-a-word,
or simple things, or even go outside and
sit on the chair and watch the birds and
squirrels and so forth in the sun.

Some people crochet, knit, or watch tv,
listen to music (or play it), or whatever
you like to do to relax.

Just don't strain yourself out.

Hello Everyone......

Thankyou all so so much your help and advice and your own experinces are most helpful and very appreciated....

I am just about to leave for sydney 10-12hours of driving.......... oh yay:bjump: (not) lol

thankyou to everyone and i will post when I return to share with everyone

All take care
And remain in good health and seizure free...

your all wonderfull!!!

Tate xx

Back
Top Bottom