Hero of the day

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
28928d16.gif
28928d16.gif
28928d16.gif
28928d16.gif
28928d16.gif
28928d16.gif
28928d16.gif
28928d16.gif
28928d16.gif
28928d16.gif
28928d16.gif
28928d16.gif

Boy, 8, grabs wheel after grandma suffers seizure

Source

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo.—Authorities said an 8-year-old boy grabbed control a pickup and brought it safely to a stop after his grandmother had a seizure while driving on a western Colorado interstate. Authorities said Lisa DeKruger suffered a seizure while driving at about 75 mph on Interstate 70 outside Grand Junction on Sunday. Authorities said her grandson, Dillon Earl, was in the passenger seat and grabbed the wheel. DeKruger's foot slipped off the accelerator, and Dillon kept the pickup in the right-hand lane till it came to a stop. Another motorist called 911.
Family members said DeKruger is doing well. No other injuries were reported.

Very clever little boy! Hope Grandma stays out from behind the wheel now.

Yes, it was on the local news here in the Denver area. The boy was a local hero.

this is news! I sure hope it is reported here in Houston. Seems only horrible events are touted as news these days and heroic acts such as these slip through the cracks.

Great little boy I bet he can't wait to see what Grandma gives him for Christmas!

Kids are truly amazing!

Way to go you brave little guy!!!

John Runer

Cool Beans!

A friend of mine also has seizures. Her son had a provisional drivers license since the age of 12. It allowed him to drive his mom home if she had a seizure. She made sure that he knew how to drive. :) I know they do that here in California...I'm wondering if they do that in other states?

Back
Top Bottom