Hey! Check this out!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Leanne

New
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just to remind you all- I'm 21, a writing major, and a senior at East Stroudsburg University. For one of my senior projects, we are to create a blog about something important to us. I am doing mine on epilepsy and how it affects young adults who are in college, about to go to college, and anyone in general. It is on my blog where I write about tips, things I've learned, or any random thoughts involving epilepsy. It's no where near finished, being that it's only March, but I would love for all of you to read it, follow it daily, and write comments on the blog if you wish. I really want my voice to be heard and hopefully help people who are going through the same thing as me. Since your program won't let me post links due to people who have abused this privilege, I am going to write out the site. Where I write the word "dot," just put an actual period when typing it. Thanks again guys! The blog link is: www.epilepsy911.blogspot.com

-Leanne

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Leanne,

Can you check the link to your blog? I just tried the one you posted and it doesn't work. Thanks, I look forward to reading it.

Hey guys,
Just to remind you all- I'm 21, a writing major, and a senior at East Stroudsburg University. For one of my senior projects, we are to create a blog about something important to us. I am doing mine on epilepsy and how it affects young adults who are in college, about to go to college, and anyone in general. It is on my blog where I write about tips, things I've learned, or any random thoughts involving epilepsy. It's no where near finished, being that it's only March, but I would love for all of you to read it, follow it daily, and write comments on the blog if you wish. I really want my voice to be heard and hopefully help people who are going through the same thing as me. Since your program won't let me post links due to people who have abused this privilege, I am going to write out the site. Where I write the word "dot," just put an actual period when typing it. Thanks again guys! The blog link is: epilepsy911 dot blogspot dot com

-Leanne

my blog

Hey, maybe you put spaces when you typed out the address by accident. Or try typing www before typing it in. Tell me if you're still having problems. Thanks for checking it out though!

-Leanne

Zoe, go

ahead and try it now. I enabled the link, and it goes through to her blog.

Very nice, BTW, Leanne. :)

blog follower

Hi Leanne: Just became your first Blog follower-I was diagnosed with E long before college but I didnt move away for College I went to a University in chicago where the rest of my family lives....So far, so good....keep up the great writing...

Hi Leanne, the blog looks good. :mrt:

Hi Leanne,

I am so proud of you! I am a dad of a 15 year who has sort of just started her Ep journey. She's trying so hard to "stay normal" but, as you know, its a challenge. My wife and I have spent a lot of time wondering and worrying about her every going to college and I just LOVED seeing your blog. All just great information. For my daughter, she SOOO does not want to discuss her condition so she's really not up for me even suggesting she read what you have written but for me, as a dad, it was great to see. You are a terrific role model and I am sure you are making your mom and dad really proud. Keep up the good work and I will be reading your blog regularly!

Kind regards,

Phil

Wow Phil, thank you so much. This is really the point of my blog. I'm glad I see it's working! I'm 21 and I've had epilepsy since I was 12 and believe it or not, this is really the first time I'm actually talking about it openly. I know how your daughter feels. I mean, having epilepsy isn't something a 15 year old wants to broadcast. It was really hard for me dealing with epilepsy at such a young age. She will definitely come around. It may just take a little bit. I would love for her to read it-when she's ready of course. But thanks again and thanks for reading regularly! I appreciate it so much.

~Leanne

Back
Top Bottom