History Repeats

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KellyD

New
Reaction score
3-ish years ago my first born son Aiden was diagnosed with epilepsy. As everyone would know that was a very scary awful time, I have no idea how we got through it and I am confident that there is no way I could go through that again. Today my 2nd son Blake decided to test that theory and we have just spent 4 hours in the emergency room for a suspected seizure. I didn't see the seizure because he was sitting on my lap but if it was the post ictal phase was exactly like Aiden's. Also Aiden's first seizures were so slight you could blink and miss them. He didn't convulse, just went blank and unresponsive which Blake could have done today for all I know since he was facing away from me. I cannot bear the thought of reliving this, I don't have the strength. In a week's time Aiden will be off his medication, hopefully for good and I thought the worrying time ahead would be with him wondering if the seizures would return, now I have to worry about both of them. I struggle to cope day to day as a mum as it is without this thrown on top. Aiden is at day care today which he normally wouldn't be and last night I had real reservations about it, I was worried something was going to happen today and didn't really want to send him. Turns out I was right but about the wrong child and it is a good thing he went.

Hi Kelly,

I am so sorry that you may have to go through this again. Remember, all of us moms have to deal with worry about our children. If its not one thing it is another. Try as hard as you can to just live each day and not to pre-worry. I know that this is hard. We can't help ourselves, we are moms!! I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for you little men. Hang in there!

That is tough. I guess, at least you have the benefit of the experience and wisdom you've gained from Aiden's progress. I hope Blake's turns put to be a false alarm. Let us know okay?

Back
Top Bottom