Hoping the medication is still working

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

knothing

Stalwart
Reaction score
I had a deja vu yesterday for the first time since the beginning of August. Around here we have set the all-time record for the month of February for snow and I had been shoveling snow twice a day when it snows. I worked very hard to maintain a great driveway so my wife can go in and out with no issues. I got to work yesterday and as soon as I stopped the car it happened. It only lasted for less than a minute but that is more than enough for me to have concern.
Between the shoveling and the getting up early to take care of the snow I hope this is what has caused this to happen. I have had to try and take naps every evening after supper. This is my hope because the other way is just going to be another setback in my career and of course all the other bad things than can happen if I have a T/C.
To top it off we are expecting more snow this weekend (please rain) and we cannot afford the snowblower and the 'great' neighbors with snowblowers just want to charge money I can't afford to do the work for me. The reason I can't afford this is because the money for that goes to medications and medical bills.

What a wonderful 'catch 22' epilepsy is! And my wife has not felt great lately so her helping is out of the question. I need her not to be hurt so if I go down she can do it all. Sorry to go on about it but I just had to get it out there.

:boxin:

Make sure you're getting enough to eat and drink too. Maybe you've increased your metabolism from all the shoveling, and that's moving your meds through your system more quickly.

Fingers-crossed for no more snow. My sister's in Ohio, shoveling away too.

Sadly it happened an hour after taking them. Thanks for the thought on that.

Usually when you take your meds, the blood serum level is at its lowest level in your system, so even an hour after dosing it could still be close to trough level. The deja vu could have happened when you had close to the lowest amount of AED in your system. (Even an hour after dosing it can still be pretty low).

What part of Kentucky are you in? I have a lot of family in and around Etown that have been telling me about the weather.
When I was recovering from my accident, my church helped me out by have a volunteer take care of my yard. I also had a young man that was helping out to get his community service hours. At the schools here in Texas, the kids are required to do a certain number of hours to graduate. They are not allowed to be paid for this. You might could check with church, schools, etc to find someone to help you out with the shoveling...that is too much for you to do!

I am just a 5-10 minute drive from downtown Cincinnati,OH. As a tv station in Lexington says where I live is 'way northern ky'. I went through all these years unaware I had Epilepsy which makes it hard to ask for help. I feel ashamed to ask for any help and I try as hard as I can to never need it. Like most I just want to be who I was before the t/c's, the meds, and the hands shaking due to the meds.
Thanks for the advice ....it helps to know that I may have more options.

I tended to have Deja Vu's when my blood sugar was low. Eat and sleep well my friend.

I have always been very independent and never would ask for help. After my accident, I had to learn to say, I need help. I was surprised how many people really wanted to help me....it's hard to do, but know it does not make you less of a person

gotta agree with jgb I've never been able to ask for help until this. It made my friends feel great to do it so let them.

Nakamova wrote: Usually when you take your meds, the blood serum level is at its lowest level in your system, so even an hour after dosing it could still be close to trough level. The deja vu could have happened when you had close to the lowest amount of anti-epileptic drug in your system. (Even an hour after dosing it can still be pretty low).

Nakamova that is very interesting because just lately (though getting worse), I seem to be having my auras half an hour to an hour after taking my epilepsy tablets. This mainly happens on the evening whilst getting ready in the bathroom. :)

Back
Top Bottom