In the hospital writing this.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Sooo my head is attached to 50 wires and I can't pee by myself. haha. I'm getting a video EEG and we'll see if anything pops up or not. Hopefully these episodes are seizures or we can weed that out of the picture.

This will be my third, count 'em THIRD time doing this. Horrah horray. Nothing really showed up during past video EEG's. OH well. I really think that my seizures are linked to my wisdom tooth extraction and are possibly signs of nerve damage or TN. No one listens to me when I say this.

Pray for something to result from this. Best Spring Break Ever!!! JK. but the hum of helicopters from above does kind of lull you to a sweet slumber. Except for the fact that I have a "seizure" every time I fall asleep. BUT that is a good thing... at least at this time.

I had also read once there was a connection on root canals and seizures. Never followed up on that one. You may have something here.

Hope something comes from this and you find an answer.
Take a picture... we enjoy the Wire Heads.

OK, but.... how's the food? :pfft:

The food is... all right. My baked fish was baked to high hell, but hey what should I have expected. It's better than Noodles w/ hotsauce. Ah, college.

Seize Baby Seize!

I mean that in a good way so
you can go home and be back
to normal again!

I know what it's like to be in
there; You almost can relate
to being like a "DOG CHAINED
TO A DOGHOUSE!"

:paperbag:
:agree:

And one more thing ....

One more thing ... How long
do you have to be in there? I
hope your stay doesn't have to
be very long! It really isn't much
fun!

((((((( hugs ))))))))

I just got out so I know how it is. The best part was the food, it was so bad that when I got home and weighed myself I had lost 15 pounds. HA, HA.

Take it day by day.

Veeg

My daughter is going in the hospital for a 23 hour study in April. Should I know anything about it beforehand? She is only 5 and I really don't know anything about this other than we have to be there all day and all night. Should I expect anything to come out of this? I am so grateful to all of you for your knowledge. You all are wonderful people. Any suggestions would be helpful... Janae has been weaning off of one AED (trileptal) and is now also on another AED (Lamictal) By the time they do the study she should be off of trileptal for about 2 weeks. Any info would be appreciated...thanks

Make sure she has lots to play with, it gets very boring very quick.

Also I don't know If this will make any sense, but shoe her hoe to scratch her head without actually using her fingernails, because then they just have to come back and put more glue on the spot, and in the long run it makes it worse tring to get it out of her hair.

Plus a good trick when the test is over and you have to go home and she still has glue stuck in her hair and on scalp it to use baby oil. It's really gross, but It's also kind of soothing if there are any raw spots, and it really does help with the glue.

Hope some of this has helped

"but shoe her hoe to scratch her head without actually using her fingernails, "

Thanks for the helpful advice although I don't know what you meant by the above sentence? Could you explain please? Thanks...

I think she meant, show her how to scratch her head without actually using her fingernails... :)

they used nail polish remover to remove the glue from my head.... yuck!

Last edited:
OOOOH!!!! Thanks...I was trying to read it over and over again and couldn't figure it out....Can she use a pen or something to scratch her head? Cause I KNOW she is going to be itching...when we did her other EEGs in the doctors office she was scratching for 20 minutes they kept telling her to be still...which reminds me...she doesn't have to be still a long time does she? Because I dont' think she can handle that...thanks for the help.

she doesn't have to be still a long time does she? Because I dont' think she can handle that....

No. If it's a longer one, you can get up and move around. :) They might have her stay still for a part of the test (sometimes they do a regular 20 minute EEG with the strobe lights as well) so during that she might have to sit still. But you can move around any other time.

when i had one done mine was 8 hours they had me in a room with a tv, vcr i was able to walk around .....they im sure will have toys in the room and books for children, coloring books & crayons that might keep her from scratching her head..

love,
angel

Oh.. you are SO lucky you have internet at your Video EGG! I was there for a week for mine and had no internet. I was about to go nuts.

Also.. to top THAT off.. I got the flu and had an allergic reaction to the tape around my IV, AND they used the same tape on my forehead to keep those down.. but they couldn't change that, so whenever the week was over, it was so swollen and horrible. The rash spread down my face. I couldn't go in public.. And the ones on my arms spread a lot too.

I still think of that week as hell, so anytime anyone mentions a Video EEG it's like a nightmare! lol. I'm praying that your week is better than mine! hehe. = )

I did have good food though.. I was surprised! Too bad I was only allowed to eat saltines and eventually a little soup most of the week thanks to that flu. *rolls eyes* Hehe.

And don't feel bad.. I didn't get a result from mine. I felt like I wasted my life, it was awful.. went through all that for nothing!! I don't know if I have to have another one or not. I hope not!

Wait! You're from Indiana, and getting a Video EEG but on the internet?! Where are you?? I'm so jealous.. I was at the IU Med Center up in Indy, and I'm from down South. If I have one again.. I want to be where you are! lol

Sorry, I did mean show her how to scratch her head without using her fingernails. Sometimes my mind gets a little goofy and I say and write thing the wrong way.

They couldn't use nail polish on my head because I'm allergic to it.

I'm def. bummed beecause they said it was supposed to only be for 3 days, but now they're like "waiiit we meant until Monday." Whoops. They've done this whole video EEG thing twice before with nothing to show for it. Life. Wasted. Butt muscles. Gone. jk...maybe.

Oh, I'm from "the region" sooo I go to University of Chicago or Rush St. Luke's for my treatments.

Can I say, Worst Spring Break Ever?

I think I can. Crochet anyone?

Perhaps you could crochet little caps for the babies that won't be able to go home. Might make the time seem more precious.

Back
Top Bottom