how

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

newgirl

New
Reaction score
so how do they stop seizures in the ER?? i have always wanted to know that. and can i get some of that please? lol!

they normally use like ativan or valium but only short periods of time can become addicting and sometimes dont work and they just watch u seize.

ER

ativan sounds like it would work but valium is just a strong sedative. too bad the ativan is addictive.

They give you an emergency shot of medicine. They can't really stop it, though. The seizure just needs to pass and the doctors need to protect you from hurting yourself while having one. I will never go to the E.R. for it again. For me it's been a waste of time of money.

i am asking

bc i have been having uncontrolled seizures for so long! the doc is trying but I am starting to wonder if its really that serious. i mean, i should have kicked the bucket by now. i have been on meds that have not worked very well.

newgirl i am the same exact way got forced into going yesterday and like cordero said it's really not worth it they just stabilize u and say goodbye.what u might want to do is what i did my dr. gave me a prescription in case things got out of hand for ativan only 1mg not to addicting just enough to pull you out is what he told me.

Back
Top Bottom