How do you feel everyday?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jun

New
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been dealing with seizures for better half of about 15 years. D
Ending on the time period of my life, they have been frequent or infrequent. During my school days, they were frequent but other than that, they usually occur twice or three max a year.

My daily quality of life has been just like any other normal person out there. I haven't fret about headaches, vomiting, etc etc. all of this said though, over the past three or four months, I've been feeling like absolute crap. I've had about six seizures. Some days I feel okay, but most of the other days, I feel miserable. I just want to crumple in bed with the blinds closed, and close my eyes...with head aches.

It's really the first time in my life that I've experienced this period where I feel like crap, more seizures, headaches etc.

Some people say is because of the weather ( there have been 30-40 degree days), but I don't really think so because even on the cool days, I experience this awful feeling.

This leads me to the topic question. Do you also feel these bouts of "feeling like crap" ( sorry I'm not really eloquent)? More seizures depending on the period of your life?

I have neuro appointment tomorrow. I want to suggest changing meds which I've been taking for fifteen years (carbamezopeinr and clobazam)

Would love to hear your experiences.

Thank you very much

Depending on how bad the seizure was is how I feel after it. I've had epilepsy for about 10 years now and I average about 5 seizures a month.

Usually after all my seizures I'll just want to lay there and do nothing. If it's a bad one I'll want to go to bed and curl up with a pillow on my head to block out the light and noise. A lot of times I'll have a bad headache after it too. The day after I just sleep all day.

In general I'm in a good mood most of the time. I try to look at the positive side of everything trying not to worry about things. Stress is a big seizure trigger for me so that's why I do that.

If you think it might have something to do with your meds talk to your neuro about it and see what he has to say.

I think folks with epilepsy probably develop a high tolerance for "feeling like crap". But don't give up! As valerie says, let your neuro know that your quality of life is lousy. There may be medication tweaks or changes that will make a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom