I dont know how a girl who is ocd about bathrooms lives with me.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

C0urt

Veteran
Reaction score
I have a myoclonic jerk that makes half sleep trips to the bathroom fun, liver damage, no sense of smell, and plus I am a guy. so when left alone our toilet and the area around it can be either blue or yellowish brown, and smell like piss.

I had to get a new seat because the meds turned my seat purple and it wouldn't wash off. That was a good enough reason to try new meds right there.

Either way I have a girlfriend who is ocd about bathroom cleanliness, so I am surprised she stays with me. So I got down on my hands and knees and cleaned the toilet today, and was surprised some of the places I managed to get the bottom side of, and now i understand how she can make a day just cleaning our studio's kitchen and bathroom.

Last edited:
Uhhh lol why do the meds turn your toilet seat purple???

I am a neat/clean freak myself and there is nothing wrong about being "obsessed" over such things as long as they don't interfere with your daily life...cleaning the house is a part of my daily routine/ritual but I always allow myself breaks/days to put other priorities first...

It is only normal that you feel the way you do...but if your girlfriend truly loves you then she will not make any excuse to leave you...unless of course you intentionally give her one lol...but this sounds more like you just have bad habits??? It's okay my wife is the same way...she makes the messes...I clean them up...but hey look at it this way...if there weren't any messes to clean what would be the point??? I mean sure they annoy me but also give me something to do because I can neither work or go to school...being a loving husband and honest person is my full time "duty" and believe me with my complicated mind/situation that is more than enough lol

I am happy to see that you broke down and decided to do some cleaning...I use to have the same irrational insecurities before I met my wife...I was a bit of a slob back then before I met my wife but that all changed when I decided to get my life straight...including changing my diet to a healthy one, exercising, and utilizing my time creatively/constructively...and that is with music/exercising...I consider music my form of "meditation" but as with the exercising I do weightlifting, cardio, and Yoga all at home lol nvm a gym I'm way too shy and don't do crowded places...plus I like to workout at my own pace and in the nude sometimes HAHAHA...but I do get out for the occasional walk by the lake or downtown...I also have an amazing cat who is like a dog disguised as a cat...she's a Burmese and they are known for being "dog-like" very playful and loving...I need a companion to keep me company when my wife is away at work etc....but she is so much more than that...I consider her a part of the family...my only real family...

Try not to worry so much...continue doing what you believe is right to make your girlfriend happy and I'm sure she'll do the same for you :)

Last edited:
one of the side effects of one of the meds is blue-purple pee, and blindness, it turns your sclerea blue to, and the seat is porous, while the rest of the toilet is none porous so it changed color. it was the bottom of the part you lift up, that you get it twitch while sitting on it if you are a guy.

one of the side effects of one of the meds is blue-purple pee, and blindness, it turns your sclerea blue to

lol I can see it all now...toilet bowl cleaner in the form of urine :lol:

Damn side effects...pisses me the **** off...it's a totally flawed approach at combating a problem...it's like okay let's take away one problem but add a dozen more...and then go ahead and add another medication full of another dozen side effects to take away one more side effect from the initial dozen...give me a ****** break!!!

Here's the math: 1 - 1 + 12 = 12/12 + 12 - 2 = 1 x 24 - 2...BASICALLY YOU'RE RIGHT WHERE YOU STARTED BUT WITH BAGGAGE THAT ISN'T EVEN YOURS!!! TOTALLY AND UTTERLY CONTRADICTING :rolleyes:

Last edited:
yes a twitch, if you are a guy with a myoclonic jerk :p facing forward.
or just pass out mid pee. so you wouldnt think such of the bottom of the seat,
epilepsy is fun kids.

10260443594_5c72fc5699_o.jpg

Court, I'm concerned about the toothbrush I see in the lower left hand corner of the pic. Tell me that it's been decommissioned and is on it way to the trash can.

Also, ask your girlfriend if peeing off skid marks counts as cleaning?

she broke my waffle maker apart so she could take it apart and clean it on the inside.

Lol my man comes home from a 12 hour night shift, snuggles up to his still sleeping wife and just as he dozes off, she widdles all over him, having one of those seizures on waking. What a lovely way to say l love you.

The price our loved ones pay, but we are awesome and in so many other ways, caring not a jot when they break our waffle makers or take space in EVERY room in the house for their warhammer figures (including the bathroom) or that a day off is spent arguing the relative merits of the poetry of Carol Ann Duffy.

They love us warts and widdle and all as we love them.

Q

The price our loved ones pay, but we are awesome and in so many other ways, caring not a jot when they break our waffle makers or take space in EVERY room in the house for their warhammer figures (including the bathroom)

Q

really!! I thought bike parts all over the apartment was bad and the occasional smelly bike shorts

I use to live in a small studio...alone...I barely ever cleaned if at all...dirty dishes, dirty clothes, snot rags, cum stains, messy bed, you name it...now I live with my wife and cat in an upstairs (isolated) two bedroom "apartment" and I cannot tolerate laziness or messes...it's like back then I was just a caterpillar and now I'M A BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY!!! :D (but yeah C0urt please do set that bathroom on fire otherwise I'm going to have to call a hazmat team)

Heimlich-%22Butterfly%22.jpg

Last edited:
she broke my waffle maker apart so she could take it apart and clean it on the inside.

Seriously?! You should have told her that it cooks it's self clean, like an oven. Everything should cook itself clean.

Was it dirty on the inside?

Seriously?! You should have told her that it cooks it's self clean, like an oven. Everything should cook itself clean.

Was it dirty on the inside?

:roflmao: FUCK I CAN'T BREATHE!!!

Last edited:
Court,

Either way I have a girlfriend who is ocd about bathroom cleanliness, so I am surprised she stays with me. So I got down on my hands and knees and cleaned the toilet today, and was surprised some of the places I managed to get the bottom side of, and now i understand how she can make a day just cleaning our studio's kitchen and bathroom

It sounds like you have an angel for a girlfriend, and you are a very lucky man. She's lucky, too. But then it sounds like you both already know that. :)

Back
Top Bottom