I got the results!!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pita300

New
Reaction score
I just heard from the Epileptolgist on the results of the ambulatory EEG I had a couple of week ago and Wait for it..... IT SHOWED EVIDENCE OF SEIZURE!:woot:

OMG You just don't know what kind of load just fell off my shoulders!!

I went to work today and called and got ahold of the nurse when she told me of the results I let out a good size scream. I'm sure every one around me thought there is something wrong with me. Now we can start treatment The epileptolgist is starting me on Kepra. It only took 9 months. Now a big thanks to all of you for your well wishes and thoughts. Now starts the next chapter hopfully that doesn't take 9 months!

Hurrah!!! The future begins now!! I'm so glad you got some real answers and I really hope that the Keppra proves to be right drug choice for you and that life gets easier for you from here on in!

This is great news....

Hoping that Keppra works for you and you will now be the road to feeling better.

YAY!!! Such an odd thing to be congratulating...but I do know...honest!! It's been 10.5 months since my first seizure. *fingers crossed* something happens with me on Wednesday.

So glad you have some answers now! :D

I know. I shouldn't happy about this but now I feel like the doctor takes me seriously now and not looking at me like im off my rocker!

Chargingbird I'm thinking of you and sending you all my good vibes!

A diagnosis :) at least you can say it out loud now. Whenever and if ever you choose....

Now we will pray the meds/ and the continued support you deserve and should receive works well for you Pita.

PITA -
Thats great news you had a good outcome from the EEG.
Good luck with the Keppra.

PITA -
Thats great news you had a good outcome from the EEG.
Good luck with the Keppra.
CQ

It only took 4 tries! Now it means I can stop calling them episodes and calling them what they are! I don't mean to sound excited about this but its not the diagnosis that makes me excited I already had that. Its the fact that the seizures are in my Brain and not in my head!

Im so glad you finally have a diagnoses! :) I wish you the best of luck with Keppra! :)

I am so glad things have worked out good so far. You deserve the luck.

it inverted happiness i was so happy when they saw evidence of my e as you say get treatment going and you know not going nuts

CQ
It only took 4 tries! Now it means I can stop calling them episodes and calling them what they are!
It took me a while to realise my auras were actually a seizure, my neurologist said they were a warning seizure but I didn't really understand it until I joined this forum & learnt more about auras. Once I got a better understanding of auras or simple partial seizures I finally stopped calling them funny turns & called them auras lol.

I don't mean to sound excited about this but its not the diagnosis that makes me excited I already had that. Its the fact that the seizures are in my Brain and not in my head!
I am guessing the fact the neurologists are finally listening to you & taking you seriously is a big enough achievement in itself.

Last edited:
I totally understand your excitement! Nothing worse than knowing yourself that you are having seizures and then wanting to "prove it" to the Dr. Good luck on the Keppra :)

The first step to the "Cure" is knowing what you are treating. I wish you the best and may your life be filled with nothing but what ever your heart desires from this day forth!!!!

: ) Im happy 4 you.

CQ

It only took 4 tries! Now it means I can stop calling them episodes and calling them what they are! I don't mean to sound excited about this but its not the diagnosis that makes me excited I already had that. Its the fact that the seizures are in my Brain and not in my head!

Pita, congrats!!! I know what you mean! I was lucky lately that the EEG tests only took 2 tries (30 minutes the first time, sleep deprived/no meds and 45 minutes the second time) to get seizure activity on EEG. It's SUCH a relief to finally have answers. It may not be necessarily pleasant but still!

I felt the same way about finally being able to call my episodes "seizures" instead of "episodes"! It's so strange to say that's a relief but "episodes" sounded like I was making it all up! I don't know, I feel like it just made people take my concerns less seriously. With the test resuls to back up your concerns, it is certainly helpful!

I just recently started the generic Keppra on top of my Tegretol doses (will be cutting out the Tegretol soon), and it's working pretty well for me! I still get small jerks if I'm really tired (as in, 2 hours of sleep the night before tired!), but I remember when I just started Keppra 500mg in the AM and I realized that I had gone a full 2 days without a tick or twitch!

I have been so impressed thus far. We will see what the future holds!

This got quite long...

Best of luck to you. :)

Congratulations PITA. Even if you knew all along that you were having seizures, it's nice to finally get some validation from others and make a plan for moving forward...

Its the fact that the seizures are in my Brain and not in my head!

Well, Your BRAIN is in your head, isn't it? ;) So it is all in our heads! ;) At least that is what I started telling folks after my confirmation of E.
At least we all know we're not faking it.

Back
Top Bottom