I had 2 simple partials yesterday after 2 1/2 months sz free

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

((((((Belinda)))))))

I was getting close to my 2 year anniversary. I had 5 seizures about a week before Christmas, then I had another on Monday.

This blows.

So sorry cbird, that's tough to hear tougher to undergo of course. Any guesses as to the cause?

((((((Belinda)))))))

I was getting close to my 2 year anniversary. I had 5 seizures about a week before Christmas, then I had another on Monday.

This blows.

Five seizures in a week really is a BLOW, chargingbird, especially since you were so close to your two-year anniversary! So sorry. {{HUGS}}

Wow. They may happen again? or was this the beginning of the end.

OK. So you (the OP) have a concrete answer instead of just being told they are idiopathic. I wish I had that.
But still, your brain has a lower seizure threshold than an uninjured brain but yet you don't have seizures 24/7. There is a reason why sometimes your neurochemistry gets to the overload point and sometimes it doesn't.
Your seizures may never completely go away but they can get better. But only if you believe that they can get better and keep trying.
Having "refractory" E is not a diagnosis. It is only a description of the symptoms. I had refractory E for years. Now I don't. It wasn't anything that my neurologist changed. I chose to change the way I fuel my body.

I highly recommend to anyone who still wants to try but is tired of waiting for magic that neurologists don't have the book Treating Epilepsy Naturally by Patricia A Murphy.

There is hope. Don't give up.

Last edited:
Aloha Bird,

I don't think someone who has never had a seizure doesn't have a right tell me how to live my life unless they have been in my shoes.Meaning I don't believe in reading books who think they know it all.
Belinda:agree:

But I do have epilepsy. I have brought it under much better control myself by diet. Yes that is my experience, not necessarily yours.
Excuse me for being hopeful and positive.
Bowing out now.......................

Aloha Bird,
I'm not coming down on you or putting you down.If it works for you I'm happy for you.After I changed my diet and stopped frying my foods except in certain oils.

This works for me and my seizures started to decrease.

I know that sounds crazy, but after I started it for another health reason.

Belinda

So sorry cbird, that's tough to hear tougher to undergo of course. Any guesses as to the cause?

No, not yet. I finally have insurance, so I plan to use it to my advantage this year.

Thankfully, it was pretty mild, after a long day of napping I felt ok on Tuesday.

sent from my Nexus One...typos are inevitable

Five seizures in a week really is a BLOW, chargingbird, especially since you were so close to your two-year anniversary! So sorry. {{HUGS}}

Oh, that was in A Day! 12/20. Monday was just one. Mild as TCs go.

I was going to celebrate the two year mark, too. ( like, gooit and do something.)

sent from my Nexus One...typos are inevitable

I am sorry and sad to hear of the hurt, exhaustion and frustration in this thread but I also know that everyone here is doing everything they possibly can to live the best lives they can despite their hell. With some illnesses you can analyze it to death, try anything and everything, follow all advice and treatment perfectly, and STILL not have any long term relief.

In those cases it's a WIN everytime you find a smile and any day you are still here to talk about it. People here may have a different stories, but they do care and will hang onto your hope when you can't. I truly believe that more smiles and better days will be yours again.

Back
Top Bottom