I seize walk away from my dog

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
My seizures are increasing more again of course.
I was walking my dog I seized and came home without her.
Someone that works in my apartments saw my chihuahua walking around and brought her home to me.
When I got home I didn't know I had been walking her until someone brought her home.I feel like I'm going crazy this isn't the 1st time this has happened.
She was just 2o feet away from me the first time.

Belinda

Ohhh, Belinda,

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I was so hoping that things would calm down a bit for you :paperbag:.......It's a great thing that your neighbor brought back your dog. How very sweet!!

Hi Belinda,

I'm kind of new here and I just read your post. I'm sorry to hear about your seizures getting worse and how you almost lost your dog. I know how frustrating it can be and having to take measurements to protect yourself and now obviously your dog. Perhaps tying the leash to you isn't all that bad of an idea? I have a 2 year old and often time wonder G-d forbid we're out and about and I seize? Will she walk away, will I leave without her and of course the biggest fear of all would someone take her. So, I've opted to use a leash (the backpack kind) for just in case purposes. I found that's it's been helpful or at least gives me some peace of mind. Again, I'm sorry for your frustrations and I do hope things get better. Kelley

The leash I have isn't one that could be tied to me.
It's snapped on her collar and I carry it.
starting back tomorrow I start back wearing my helmet.

Belinda:twocents:

With my guide dog, his harness has a handle on it of course- that is how I feel which way he goes.. but his leash attaches to a slip collar on his neck. If he notices that I'm about to have a seizure- he will stop and won't let me walk anywhere. I used to worry about him walking off or someone distracting him or whatever- I will often use the clip on his leash and attach it to my belt loop in my jeans. I did that today at the restaurant since I could not fit him totally under the booth.
Anyways- look around at pet supply places and most likely they should have a leash that has a clip made of metal at both ends- i
If you need, I can order you a guide dog leash from my school that does have a metal clip at both ends of it. You can undo the clip at the end you hold and conntect it to a metal ring to make a handle out of it to make a "long leash" for releiving you doggie.
If you dog is real small- the pet supply should have something you can use. But I've never really looked for small doggies. LOL Umbro is 65lbs.
Let me know if you would like my help in finding you a leash that would work for your situation. I am here. :)

Crystal and her guide Umbro

Crystal,
I have a chihuahua that weighs les than 7 pounds.
If I can't find one that'll hook on me I'll let you know.
I'll ask the vetenarian in town.
Belinda

Back
Top Bottom