I think I had a couple partials today

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MAB

New
Reaction score
In the past when I had partials there would be phantom odors and weakness in my right arm and/or leg. I would be extremely tired afterwards but not be able to sleep. I can never sleep without meds. They would last for hours. maybe days.

Today all that happened was my left arm was weak for 1 or 2 minutes, once this morning and once this evening. I have cried quit a bit today for really no reason. Although I am tired and had a hard time functioning at work I am really not sure these were seizures. I am usually much more exhausted.

I thought I was doing so well with only 150mg of Lamictial. I did increase it to 175mg today. I see the neuro on Monday. I guess I should tell her about it and see what she thinks.

Is it normal to feel weepy all day after seizures for no particular reason and to be tired but unable to sleep.

Hi MAB,

I'm sorry you've had a rough day. I can't really answer your question but I do get the achy weak feeling in the right side of my body too. Do you know about how the left side of your brain that controls the right side of your body and visa versa? I'm only mentioning it because the left hemisphere of your brain is also involved with emotion so IF these are seizure type events, it wouldn't surprise me that you have some sort of emotional reaction. Or maybe you just feel crappy and a bit down? That's totally understandable too, especially when you are tired all the time. I know that feeling! Definitely mention it to your neuro.

Hope you are feeling better! :) I have had a pretty crappy day today too- I've had 2 seizures today and my doctor is unsure if I have epilepsy! Crying sometimes helps me- I cry about my problems and in the end I just look at the bright side you know? :) I am taking 50mg of Lamictal twice a day.. how is Lamictal working for you?

Hugs,
Janellie

Hope you are feeling better! :) I have had a pretty crappy day today too- I've had 2 seizures today and my doctor is unsure if I have epilepsy! Crying sometimes helps me- I cry about my problems and in the end I just look at the bright side you know? :) I am taking 50mg of Lamictal twice a day.. how is Lamictal working for you?

Hugs,
Janellie
Sorry about your bad day Janellie. I hope you feel better soon. You might need to increase the lamictial , very gradually, with your doctor's approval.

The Lamictial is working well for me with almost no side effects. I was taking !00mg in am and 50 at 3pm when I had 2 minor partials last Friday. They only lasted a minute or 2, just a weak feeling in my left arm (no phantom odors :) )
Usually my partials last much longer. I did up my 3pm dose to 75mg. I saw my neuro this week and she wants me to increase to 200mg per day in another week. I plan on staying with the 175mg unless I have another seizure. She and I think I am doing well so I don't need to she her for a year unless something changes!

Since being on the Lamictial the nerve pain in my leg has gone away so I am able to go back to the gym 5 days a week. My mood is more stable, so overall I love it and think I would want to stay on it even if I didn't have seizures.

Sorry about your bad day Janellie. I hope you feel better soon. You might need to increase the lamictial , very gradually, with your doctor's approval.

The Lamictial is working well for me with almost no side effects. I was taking !00mg in am and 50 at 3pm when I had 2 minor partials last Friday. They only lasted a minute or 2, just a weak feeling in my left arm (no phantom odors :) )
Usually my partials last much longer. I did up my 3pm dose to 75mg. I saw my neuro this week and she wants me to increase to 200mg per day in another week. I plan on staying with the 175mg unless I have another seizure. She and I think I am doing well so I don't need to she her for a year unless something changes!

Since being on the Lamictial the nerve pain in my leg has gone away so I am able to go back to the gym 5 days a week. My mood is more stable, so overall I love it and think I would want to stay on it even if I didn't have seizures.

Wow! That's great! I am glad you are doing so well :) I am on Lamictal now and I see no side affects as well. When you say that you still want to be on Lamictal even though you don't have seizures, that's probably a good idea, just in case you know :)

Thanks darling,
Janellie

Wow! That's great! I am glad you are doing so well :) I am on Lamictal now and I see no side affects as well. When you say that you still want to be on Lamictal even though you don't have seizures, that's probably a good idea, just in case you know :)

Thanks darling,
Janellie

I said even if I didn't have seizures (epilepsy) would would still want to take Lamictial. I still have epilepsy but just not seizures, at least at this time,

Back
Top Bottom