Idiot in my office, fake seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Crazy Monkey

Playing With Angels
Reaction score
Just when I thought I had heard it all.

Today at work I was minding my own business and knuckling down to some computer tasks, I work in a large open office with about 15 others and I can't help but overhear other peoples conversations, one of the girls in the office made a comment to our planning assistant that he had been miles away this morning staring into space and his reply was that he was practicing his petit mal (he doesn't have epilepsy), not everyone in the office knew what petit mal was, but the ones that did know, laughed, isn't he a real comedian???(sarcasm and heaps of it) what an ass.

I couldn't believe what I had just heard, my head swung around so quick I am surprised I didn't give myself whiplash, only my boss knows about my E, we both gave each other the same look of disbelief. I have been stewing about this all day, unable to put him right as I don't want the office to know about my seizures, but I know I would really enjoy humiliating him after that comment.

He drives a soft top car, I wonder if he would like to practice giving that up??

Smart ass comments like that really annoy me, how myself and my boss kept our cool I will never know.

Hey CM,

I had this happen to me ONCE....and the funny thing was, the d!ck who made the comment about a 'sz joke' thought he was the dogs danglies until my boss looked up and said "Oh, Dave has them...do you really THINK they're FUNNY ???"

He shrank to the size of a pea, and I flicked him off the plate. Didn't see him after that !!

Some people are just soooo dumb <grrrrrr>

Crazy Monkey: As we all know, a lot of people are just total as*ses and unfortunately, we don't have a choice but to put up with a lot of crap. I would have been totally offended and I give you credit for keeping your cool. It just shows that you're the stronger, more grown up person. Try not to let it bother you. Sincerely, Josie

Crazy Monkey,

Maybe your boss should say something to the other employee(s) about how him saying ugly things about seizures in public can be offensive to others, although I know you don't want anyone else in the office to know about your seizures.
So many idiots out there!! :(

Cindy

Oh, for heaven's sake! I'm sure if he had a year of "petit mals," he wouldn't be so quick to want to "practice" more of 'um! Uggghh... Is he an idiot? or just ignorant? or possibly an ignorant idiot?... Good for you for being the bigger person! Being on this Keppra, I'm quick at the trigger, I may have just ripped him a new one. ;)

Take care of yourself. :) -Julie

Julie I would have ripped him a new one :rock:

I'm not on keppra anymore Im just in a bad mood today!!
lol id have stuck a :banana: in his gas tank :pfft:

Love and hugs hehe
angel

Is the idiot married yet? or does he have children? You might like to let him know that one day he could end up with a child with petit mal!

I know it's not right but those are the kind of people I would love to fake out. He knows you have e? I would just fall on the floor right there , just say "ooops" or I was just practicing falling down.That probably wouldn't work for you. I do have a bit of sarcasm in me.lol

I probably would have laughed. It's good to have a sense of humor, and I laugh all the time at the things I do when I having a seizure.

Check out what I've done

I am teaching the arsehole a lesson, Crazy Monkey style, I know I have over exaggerated a bit, but it was just to make an anonymous point hehehehe

Living with Petit Mal and other seizures

Jako, I was waiting down the corridor yesterday to see one of the managers and I heard about your current situation I am so sorry to hear about the petit mal seizure that you had to go through yesterday morning, I know only to well about the pain and restrictions this can cause on your life, I have a child who suffers and his dreams were recently shattered when he was told that the army would not accept him and this was his chosen career. He has a very hard time accepting that he is ‘different from his mates’ and that he has to take lifelong medication. Unfortunately he has to put up with a lot of ignorance and prejudism, I hope you don’t have to deal with the same thing

The things that he cannot do due to seizures –

He is restricted from driving any type of vehicle
Sky Dive
Scuba dive
He has to shower instead of bath
Use an iron
Avoid certain sports
Handle a boiling kettle
Handle saucepans
Climb a stepladder/work at heights
Play video games
Go to the cinema
Go nightclubbing
Go to arcades
Consume alcohol
Go to concerts
Go swimming
Avoid tiredness
Avoid stressful situations
Avoid camera flashes and torchlight
Avoid caffeine and sugary foods
Avoid handling chemicals
Avoid candlelight as it flickers
Real fires flicker also
Fireworks
Funfairs
Rides on theme parks
Sudden noises
Use power tools
Go to stage shows/circus’s
Hold a hot cup of drink
Avoid direct sunlight
Unable to self medicate when have a cold

I can totally sympathise with your situation as my son has to live the same life as you and you obviously know how much fun that is.

Crazy Monkey, That was a very clever way to handle the idiot. In doing so, you not only hopefully humiliated him, but also did not have to go into detail about your own situation. Well done! :)

I wonder if this twit makes fun of mentally retarded people, people with asthma, or people missing limbs too......

Good comeback CM. :)

Lmao

Myself and my Boss have been giggling non-stop all day!!!! I couldn't really say much earlier as I am not really meant to use the internet at work so I just quickly pasted my letter straight from my work computer onto CWE so I could show it off!!!!!

My boss went and put the 'private and confidential' letter into the arseholes in-tray and then we had to sit and wait, we knew we would hear about it when he received it, and we did.

The first thing he said, was "some dickheads spelt my name wrong" we spelt it wrong deliberately so it pointed more towards someone that doesn't know him well.

The he sat and read the letter, he then started to blame a few people in the office for playing a joke on him after his comment/actions yesterday, the thing is nobody really knows what petit mal is, so he read the letter aloud and now the whole office has been educated on petit mal and thanks to 'the idiot' going on the internet they know a lot more about epilepsy. He eventually started to think - maybe this isn't a joke afterall and his conscience started appearing, then he started to worry and said that there was no malice intended, after that he said he wasn't going to worry about the letter (which to me means he is), I think he has gone home tonight wondering if he is going to be reported LMAO LMAO LMAO :roflmao:

Serves the little git right, he totally deserved it. Nothing makes you feel better then a bit of revenge, it couldn't of happened to a nicer person. It was pure magic. I am still giggling hehehehehe (my boss has gone home giggling as well)

Skillefer - in response to your question, yes he does, he takes the p*ss out of everything and I have heard him make remarks about other conditions as well, but I think I might have shut him up for a while.

Last edited:
CM,

KUDOS to you!! :clap: You are very clever. I would loved to see his reaction!!

Cindy

Good for you CM :roflmao: I love the way you handled that...very classy :agree: Yep, you can bet he's rolling it around in his head, and if he read it aloud, others in your office are doing the same thing! :e:

The only way to battle ignorance is through education; if you educate someone, and the problem persists, then he truly is an idiot. :twocents:

-Julie

Thanx guys, it was so much fun, I wish I could 'educate' everyone who produces a snide remark.

I have a real feel good factor happening tonight, which I am sure, is more then our idiot has, he is probably sitting at home right now worrying that he is in trouble at work for discriminating hehe

Great comeback CM

Hopefully the letter taught your idiot work mate a good lesson :clap:

Back
Top Bottom