If I miss a dose at 9PM, my next dose is the day after at 9AM and it is now 8AM....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

riahc3

New
Reaction score
Hello

If I miss a dose at 9PM, my next dose is the day after at 9AM and it is now 8AM, should I double or just wait for 9AM and take that dose? I believe I have mistakenly double dosed before and nothing has happened.

Sorry for the late response but NEVER DOUBLE YOUR DOSE unless told to do so by your doctor. It specifically states this on the package/ contraindications insert which accompanies your meds. Your best option would have been to take it at 8am or the scheduled 9 am when you posted the question.

I believe that you are to take the missed dose as soon as you remember, but if it is within two hours of your next scheduled dose....skip the missed dose and go back to normal dosing schedule.
If you read the insert that came with your med or google it.....it should tell you exactly what to do for a missed dose.

It's a good idea to call your pharmacist or neurologist if you miss a dose, but if you can't reach them, better to play it safe and wait until the next dosing period. I doubled up once, and became severely dehydrated.

Last week I did pretty much the opposite. I take 8 pills in the am and pm, and just one in the afternoon. For some reason in the afternoon I grabbed 4 pills that I was to take at night and swallowed them. I put the other 4 in my mouth and then realized what I had done. I spit them out.

I took the 4 in the evening that I almost took in the afternoon. I didn't double the dose of any of them. I only took as many pills as I was to take in a day, they just didn't get taken when they should have. Luckily everything ended up ok, I was worried that I might have a seizure the next day but luckily I didn't.

Back
Top Bottom