I'm 24 & going camping this summer... recently diagnosed and have questions

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

It worked, thank you. I've had grand and petite mals, and have wondered if it were from my blood sugar dropping during the night. I tried eating before bed, but still woke up to a petite mal. So I don't know, but it's definitely worth looking into.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

How low is your blood sugar dropping? Do you test your blood sugar?

I always have a snack before bed. A petite mal is not a complication, neither are the tonic clonic (grand mal) seizures.

It is when you go into status. That is where the complication is, ask your doctor to be tested for Diabetes. It is a simple blood test. I have not had status since my diagnosis with Diabetes. They tested me to find what was the cause of my status seizures. They did not think that I had Diabetes. They were wrong.

I am not saying that you do have Diabetes, you might not have it.

Either way, always have a snack before bed.

I am sorry if I am repeating myself, I have a bad memory.

I only went into status once, when I had my first seizure and was diagnosed in October. Don't worry about it, I have a terrible memory too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom