Im back and more

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vapour

New
Reaction score
Hi all I was gone for a while. Many know here that the past 6months plus of my life dealing with an EPilepsy and Bipolar disorder diganosis cost me pretty much everything I had.

I have been living in a board and care now for about 2 months. I managed to get health insurance and SSI to pay to live here. I like it here, it took some time getting used to it, but its keeping my mental illness very stable. I am also part of a pragram that offers therapy and all sorts of things such as emergency call team any hours.

My Epilepsy is still not as well- controlled as I would like it to be, but I am hopeful. 1 Week ago I had an app with my Neurologist but after I regsitered at the clinic I started to get double vision, so went outside for some fresh air. Its thought I had a seizure because when I went back in the building I sat in a totally different clinic confused for 2hours....thus missing my app....I will tell my Neuro about this in 3 weeks.

Although my life has stability and normalitty which Im clinging to, I am finally thinking... "why me" and I cannot get the memories of last years and this years hospitalizations out of my head, i am discussing the posibility of PTSD.

A couple of weeks ago I realized howgreatful I was to be here after having a complex partial seizure in the dining room and needing to take a shower later on...staff were able to make sure I was ok in the shower. I share a good size room and bathroom with my room mate who isAutistic.

Aside from all that. WE had a recent person move in who I suspcet has Munchausens, and Im not sure how to handle it becuase Im getting very angry.

This person has claimed so far ..Bipolar...Schizophreia..multiple personalities, donw-syndrome (looks nothing like it) claims has died over 15 times by negligence of medical staff. Has walked into the dining room telling staff she just had a stroke...then when she is ignored she leaves the facility, goes to the ER over-night and comes back angry the next day saying staff at the ER were laughing (can you be suprised ?)

Well when she found out I had Epilepsy after me having a partial seizure there...now she claims that too and has been faking seizures. ESP in-front ofme. It seems she wants to see my reaction.

I dont do anything. But im furious. This condition has been part-responsible for loss of job...home...dog...and most the things I own.

I amsettling in here with my TV and computer desk computer etc...but I dont come online much as the wireless signal is bad.

Staff here arelovely, and I have the stability and help I need. Missed u all. please respond

Vapour,

I'm glad you are back! And I'm glad you are in a good place you like, it is stable, and you are beginning to feel better.

About that person who just moved in... she may have a chemical imbalance that causes her to think she has all those diseases. She DOES have issues, just not those particular things she claims to have. It would help everyone to understand her if they knew what disorder she really has, but that may never happen. Everyone in the house may just have to sigh a little, but know in their hearts that a real illness has to be behind this - otherwise they wouldn't have let her in.

Please stay well and continue to get better. Take care, and be sure to let us know how you are doing, okay?

Last edited:
Glad you're doing well, V

It's good to hear things have been OK with you, make sure you keep us updated on how you're doing.

:hello:

Hi vapour, it sounds like you're in a good place. Bit by bit, a little more stable. I hope you get your seizures under control soon. And also that the staff at your place figure out what to do with the problem "patient".

Very glad to hear that you are in a place you enjoy, and you feel safe. I hope you are able to see through the "problem" patient by not wasting too much energy on their drama, and find ways to make your life productive.
Good luck on your next appointment.

faking seizures

I had a fellow college person who would do that because she thought it was funny. It was really annoying.

I'm really sorry about everything. As for the faker, why don't you suggest different diseases to the person? Hey, try talking about Tourrettes to the person. When they start cursing, the staff will probably get mad, and they'll get in trouble. If you're like me, you'll think it's funny too. Encourage them to have MS, and they won't be able to move. Maybe you could make them think they're blind, deaf, and mute. As well as paralyzed. Or you could tell them they're in a coma.

Unethical, but you're the one dealing with the person faking your illness.

Very unethical suggestions... Very mean... An eye for an eye, right?

Vapour!

I'm soooooo glad to hear from you! I know you've had a rough time of it, and I was seriously thinking of you the other day. I'm sorry to hear about the Munchausen's person....that is a challenge that I don't think I could personally handle myself, given everything that you have going on.

Things sound like that they MAY be starting to look up for you, and that is such a great thing. :) When you get a chance, come back more. We'd love to hear more from you!

Meetz
:rock:

Great tp see you on again vapour! Fantastic to hear you are doing better too :) Hope to hear more from you!

staff know she isfaking and I broke down today. I think during everything I went through last year with Epilepsy and Bipolar...now things are settling down i am trying tocometo terms with it.

I broke down infront of staff and let them know how upsetting she is to me, and they toldme they are well aware she fakes tons of disorders and has been given a 30 day notice.

As for me,this program is great. It offers stablility and i am going to cling to it. I want my seizures and bipolar as well controlled as they can me. They support network is amazing... I am in a mental health program at county ER as well as seeing my Neuro there where there is my therapist, case worker...and psychiatrist. They also have night shifts if there is a crisis they will come out, so i can talk anytime. There are always 2 members of staff here awake at all times so if anything happens I am safe.

Im greatful for this place, yet im sad i have what I do. I keep asking why.. why me ... why did this have to happen....

I want to get back toworking, full control of my conditions and independance again at some point

As for the women again with munchausens..she is already consistantly swearing at staff and trying to provoke and pick fights with renters here...ill mention the other disorders though lol

Vapour,

I'm so glad that woman who is upsetting everyone will be moving out. It will make your new home much more peaceful.

You mentioned getting back to work. What would you like to do? What is your goal?

:)

Back
Top Bottom