Information on the blue sunglasses?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
One of our fellow members suggested I look into Polarized Sunglasses. I don't know if I have the typical "photosensitive epilepsy" but I do know during my EEG my "seizure activity" wasn't during the strobe but was after turning the lights on and after turning the lights off.

I tend to have episodes more in the summer and around bright light and after looking at a computer screen for a while (and I wont on computer screens almost all day)

I get headaches from bright lights, even if I'm not looking directly into them and am wearing glasses.

So I looked into it and the blue polarized glasses seem to be what I need but I dont know where to find them in the US. I already have a perscription for near sightedness and astigmatism, I hope that doesnt hurt the chances of these glasses helping.

Any suggestions or experience?

Start by checking in with your optician. Even if they don't stock or can't order the Zeiss lenses from Italy that were used in a study, you may still benefit from other less-expensive brands. Ask your optician to show you polarized blue sunglasses with the deepest blue tint possible. Maybe they could lend you a pair for a day to see if it helps. You could also order an inexpensive non-prescription pair off of Amazon to test out.

I was hoping you'd respond, full of useful information always!

I was going to call them when I got off work and see if they had any at the office (clip ons to my perscription) or that I could order.

If I ordered off of amazon would it be just regular old dark blue glasses, or polarized glasses (I tend to only find these in browns) or should I search another way?

An amazon search for "deep blue polarized sunglasses" should turn up a bunch of options. (It does for me).

I was given filter glasses they were made for me at hospital I have similar thing as you the specks filter out ultra violet and infra red.all I can say when I watched tv or computer screen it was wonderful going into street not so good they don't work like sun glasses hard to explain.
You should get optometrist to get prescription right.
Was it me who suggested them

An amazon search for "deep blue polarized sunglasses" should turn up a bunch of options. (It does for me).

Thank you for the tips! I ordered the sunglasses and a pair of blue filtered glasses for computer reading since I'm on the computer all day at work. They aren't my prescription but my perscription would be over 200 for that filter and they don't make them in blue so I'll have to wait and make sure they are helpful. I really hope these reduce the strain the sun and computer have on my eyes and head. I hate that feeling I get from them.

I was given filter glasses they were made for me at hospital I have similar thing as you the specks filter out ultra violet and infra red.all I can say when I watched tv or computer screen it was wonderful going into street not so good they don't work like sun glasses hard to explain.
You should get optometrist to get prescription right.
Was it me who suggested them

I am getting non perscription to see if they are helpful and if they are I will speak to my optometrist. Thanks for the tips!

Anti glare shields
Yellow i proves visual acuity brightn image grey green bomfortable olour cuts glare gray soothing amber all purpose orange lievesglare relieve indoor lighting glare.
in uk they come from blind assostation sure America do same

Back
Top Bottom