Jacinta and swimming

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jazz'smum

New
Reaction score
Getting hot her and Jacinta loves to swim.
The trouble is she is wanting to go to friends houses and swim in their pools.
This afternoon was an arguement as she was asked to a friends for a swim, and i said no...it's not warm enough anyway!

Jacinta was having lessons as a toddler before she was diagnosed, when she was diagnosed I went against the neurologists advice and continued her lessons, changing to a one on one with instructor who worked with special needs children.
The reason i did this, was because where we live most homes have pools and we are close to beaches, i felt it was important she new how to swim.
I have told her to never go swimming without me or someone i have arranged to be in the water with her.
I have always taken her to a pool and been in the water with her the whole time.

I am thinking of asking the friends parents with pools not to invite her for a swim, only over to play.
I dont even like my eldest daughter swimmimg at friends... as i dont think some parents supervise like they should.

Sorry to ramble just another worry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom