just got home from EEG

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So got home from EEG not too long ago and I feel completly whipped out. After the did strobe light and heavy breathing I got very dizzy and now I have the worst headache and feel so dizzy and lightheaded didn't think I was supposed to feel like crap after test

those can do that to you... best to go and rest for a while.

hmm this was supposed to be a reply to Jessdenn82. Don't know why it started a new thread. ??

I'd just moved her to the kitchen probably jut before you posted. I'm trying to figure out how to merge your post into her thread now:ponder:

Well I felt like poop after mine. The heavy breathing made me feel sick, just cuz it was right after I finished my breathing problems. and the strobe light gave me a huge headache and tingles. my results told me that I had 2 blips and during the strobe light the blip was appro a minute long.

In my 2nd EEG I was having partial seizures before I went in .. and during.. (which is why I went.. this neuro got me in the same day)

I practically BEGGED her not to do the strobe lights... it was July 4th fireworks that had set me off in the first place....

Thankfully she didnt... but I did have to do the fast heavy breathing....I couldnt tolerate this.. and there were also blips on my EEG during this.. and shortly after I had stopped (had to stop early because it was causing more seizure activity)

Hopefully then, your EEG will reveal the epilepsy......I think it is normal for even a person without epilepsy to fee weird during strobes etc...

Will be looking foward to hearing about your results.

Give yourself some TLC today .. rest... etc.. eat well..... drink lots of water....

hugs.

feel like crap

But what makes u feel like crap after EEG my husband said I look drugged and I feel just so lightheaded and whipped out anyone know what causes u to feel like that

Well the point of the strobes and the hyperventilating is to provoke a seizure, or seizure-like activity in the brain, so that may be why you feel yucky. It could also be something unrelated like stress, fatigue, low blood sugar, that just happens to coincide with post-EEG time.

One more suggested to Nakamova's list is anxiety. Perhaps you were anxious prior and during the test. I know this can be draining as well.

Poor nutrition will also make you feel like c***.

And, to state the obvious -- was it a sleep deprived eeg? If so, you might just be exhausted! Hope you feel better soon.

More than

likely, as the others have pointed out, some activity has gone on......or been found. I'd bet it went on, and you didn't know it. Probably a different type than what you're used to, and you're just going to need to REST.

And the strobe lights WILL do that to you.

Back
Top Bottom