Keppra and back pain

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Sheripark

New
Reaction score
My lower and mid back is killing me! I think my hips are starting to hurt. It's taking my breath away. I am on about day 21 with my Keppra and only about 7 days now on it alone. My other two anti seizure drugs are dropped. So....is this a side effect of the Keppra and will it subside? I am active but certain I have not injured myself.

Thanks!!

I have been on Keppra (along with other meds) for a couple of years, and have not had that side effect, but since we are all different, who's to say for sure? Have you called your dr office? Maybe you have a kidney or bladder issue. Keep us posted!

I hope you feel better soon, let us know how it goes.

I had lower back pain for years, sometime days worse than others. I had to watch how I moved because the pain could shoot down my leg, sometimes as far as my ankle. If I moved the wrong way it would hurt in my hips too.

Maybe try seeing a dr who deals with the back. That didn't help me though because they all said that I didn't have any problems.

I started seeing a chiropractor in the summer and after about a month there was no pain at all.

Keppra
Depakote
Tegretol
Lamictal

I've been on all of them for a good while just different dosages through the years

Ouch that's a lot. :(

This pain keeps moving from lower to mid back and my hips. I am checking my urine tomorrow to start. I'm on the fence about chiropractic care. I know people live them but I have also heard horror stories. What about acupuncture or acupressure, ever tried those? I read it could help with hair loss as well. I'm only 40 with really nice blonde hair and it's falling out.

I've never tried acupunture or acupressure.

I've had pain pills, shots in my back for pain, exercises/streches and I'm not sure what else. But the only thing that has worked is the chiropractor.

I notice that I get muscle pain in my back and cramps/pain that comes when I turn different ways, I can tell the different between the two. I don't know if you understand what I'm describing though.

The cramp/turning pain is what I go to the chiropractor for. I very rarely get it any more and if I do then it's gone after one visit. However when it's the muscles that hurt I just have to wait that out because there's really nothing he can do for that.

chiro care after spine surgery

I've had 2 surgeries in my lumbar spine. I was back pain free till an accident last year,the medical doctors keep pushing drugs to sooth the pain, I'm not interested. I now see a chiropractor, he's a holistic Doc and I'm glad I go, the adjustments are different, no twisting of bones, it's a good thing, find someone you are comfortable with, interview them like we need to our doctors. Thats the 1 thing the spine surgeries taught me, is to seek out the best of the best, know what you are up against, google them, read about them, there are good and bad out there.

hummmm i had this about a week ago but only lasted for few days i dunno if its the keppra! is it on the leaflet as a side effect? or the internet?

Huh... maybe my doctors were wrong and it's not just my Fibromyalgia affecting my nerves, my Keppra may be playing a role in that as well... It didn't make sense to me that I'd be having Fibromyalgia pain (pain in the nerves of the muscle) in my spine...

Interesting information to look in to... thanks everyone :)

I just love it when you read about a medicine that you are taking for something and find out that one of the symptoms can be the thing that you are taking it for!!!!

A few years ago my neuro increased my Keppra and I started having seizures like crazy after that. I stopped taking that increased dosage and I was back to normal, if normal is what you want to call it lol!

Back
Top Bottom