keppra and ecstacy feeling

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

corsetine

New
Reaction score
i have been on keppra for a month and a half and have just got my med cert for my driving lisc which i am so happy about! alas i am only on 375mg of keppra a day. i take half a tablet at 6am and the full tablet at 6pm. when i first started chasing my med cert for my drivers i was put on topamax. i had this unusual panic attack which lead me to think someone had been putting something in my drink bottle. i thought nah thats unlikely its probably just topamax messing with me and that was only 25mg a day. a month and a half later i am on keppra and today i noticed that i was feeling ill with headaches and very disorientated for 30-40 mins and then that followed about an hour of total calm, colors were now awesome , co workers now tolerated { im usually grumpy at work cos i work with people who get on my nerves easy this is "normal" lol } i felt feather light and just totally chilled out i even had to check that i was totally clothed and not walking around the warehouse naked and time was moving at a fast rate.

i also work with a very interesting combination of people. we have a few drug dealers and a bunch of addicts and as i have had a falling out with these people in the past few wks it wouldnt surprise me if i had a bit of ghb put in my water. they know that if i had a fit at work id be stubborn enough to quit and this would suit them just fine as i am so different from them.

so after a chat with my mum who is health and safety at work and a chat with the chemist for drug testing strips i am researching my options that this could be keppra causing some sort of absurd side effect but it would have to be something that relates to topamax too because the same thing happened then. or it could be my darling friends sharing their good shit without me knowing. in the meantime im going to get this car and drivers started because i cant stand where i work as this is the last last last straw and i really want to move onto something else. i really dont think its keppra because it seems like a month and a half is a long time for a odd side effect to occur and now i kinda just feel crazy and upset.

There are some kinds of seizures that can have a "trippy" sensation in terms of mood or sense of time. Any chance that's what's going on?

I agree with Nakamova. It does sound to me like some kind of seizure. I take 3000 mgs. of Keppra and a small dose of Topomax but have never experienced these type of "side effects". Speak with your physician about it.

im on kepptra i have been on it nearly a year now its been reduced that many times because of the side affects but no matter how low the dose i get headaches nausea confusion, hair loss lethargic, weird dreams, feeling really low and not nice thoughts. my doctor put all this down to stress at first. it could be a side affect of keppra as my side affects have gone on for nearly a year now and havent stopped no matter how low dose im on, im on 250mg thats the lowest dose its still giving me same amount of side affects, i sometimes feel like im in space and that im in a dream. its horrible. hope this helps

the only thing I had while on Keppra (for a couple weeks) was migraines, horror and a "psychotic episode" in the ER
I never experienced anything close to ecstasy while on Keppra
if it is the good shit from your coworkers, feel free to pass some along to me here
I could use a smile

I take 3000 mg per day. When I first started taking it, or when I take in on an empty stomach, I tend to get a little bit of a "caffeinated" feeling, but that's about it.

thanks for the input guys , i am still learning alot.

i have considered seizures and if there were any chance that my am to pm tablets arnt overlapping but then to me i would get these weird sensations more frequently.

they never happen at home always at work. i am not sure my seizures are really out to get me at work lol and its always the same drink bottle so ive binned that and even considered crap plastic.

my eating habits may be contributing in some way. i usually have about three iced coffees , chicken and avocado sandwich and something small for dinner at about 8pm like a toasted sandwich and a ton of "water" and on weekends i eat even less so i just dont remember to eat so ive gone out and bought cereal , lunch etc so as im walking and pushing heavy trolleys and picking up tables and other heavy items at work im not eating enough for all the active work im doing for 7 odd hours a day

so it is indeed a mystery! if it happens again i will definitly go back to the doctors. ill give the food a chance and see if that improves everything. its not that its stopping me from working { unless i have a pang of laziness } reflexs are still very good and head aches dont help in general

Ive been on Keppra a few year and I have yet to get that ecstasy feeling. Right now it's 1:00 am and I am wide awake. It makes me a zombie all morning and keeps me up most of the night. During the afternoons sometimes I get Spaced out. That's why every 2 or 3 hrs I make sure I have either vitamins, water , coffee, tea or If I eat I try to eats lots of greens. Bananas, Avocados and water packed tuna and even peanut butter can often relieve me of somewhat of that dreaded Keppra Freeze.:e:

the only thing I had while on Keppra (for a couple weeks) was migraines, horror and a "psychotic episode" in the ER
I never experienced anything close to ecstasy while on Keppra
if it is the good shit from your coworkers, feel free to pass some along to me here
I could use a smile

Ha ha ha yeah send it over to me too:lol:

I too think it is a seizure bc it sounds like the auras that I get that effect my psychic.

I think mine cud b diabetes as ig i dnt eat regular i go lighy headed and feel like im going ro collapse. My.blood aigars might just drop when im asleep can that happen?

My.blood aigars might just drop when im asleep can that happen?

I don't think that's likely because you're burning only minimal blood sugars when you sleep.

It doesn't sound to me like you're likely to have diabetes. If you have these symptoms then get them checked out though.
Type 1 Diabetes

Frequent urination
Unusual thirst
Extreme hunger
Unusual weight loss
Extreme fatigue and Irritability

Type 2 Diabetes*

Any of the type 1 symptoms
Frequent infections
Blurred vision
Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
Tingling/numbness in the hands/feet
Recurring skin, gum, or bladder infections
http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/symptoms/

I think mine cud b diabetes as ig i dnt eat regular i go lighy headed and feel like im going ro collapse. My.blood aigars might just drop when im asleep can that happen?

Yes, that can definitely happen. I also have Type 1 diabetes and epilepsy. Often my blood sugar drops down to the 40's while I am sleeping. My endocrinologist says my blood sugar needs to be 80-120. I've had to re-adjust my night time insulin, and also my carbohydrate intake. I can tell when my blood sugar is below 60 because I am light-headed, shaky, extremely thirsty. When it falls to the 40's during the day, I'm suddenly confused and my words start getting slurred, like a drunk.

I get pretty much all of type 1 symptoms epileric. I. Co stantly on the loo. If i dnt eat at regular times i feel very light headed my hands go numb and tingling. Fatigue and confusion.

I get pretty much all of type 1 symptoms epileric. I. Co stantly on the loo. If i dnt eat at regular times i feel very light headed my hands go numb and tingling. Fatigue and confusion.

Have you been to an endocrinologist and had your blood sugar levels tested? What is your A1c level? It should be 7 or below. And eat small meals 5 times a day to keep your blood sugars from falling.

Im goinh to see my doc and get it all done because i get majority if diabets sptoms. But i cant say what my sugar levels or anythin are yet. Wats a endorcronoligist? lol

Im goinh to see my doc and get it all done because i get majority if diabets sptoms. But i cant say what my sugar levels or anythin are yet. Wats a endorcronoligist? lol

The endocrine system is made of glands in the body and the glands make the hormones. An endocrinologist is a hormone doctor. If your primary care dr. does the proper testing and you have diabetes, he/she may refer you to an endocrinologist.

What do endocrinologists do?
Endocrinologists are trained to diagnose and treat hormone imbalances and problems by helping to restore the normal balance of hormones in your system. They take care of many conditions including:

diabetes
thyroid diseases
metabolic disorders
over or under production of hormones
menopause
osteoporosis
hypertension
cholesterol (lipid) disorders
infertility
lack of growth (short stature)
cancers of the endocrine glands

I also have thyroid problems on top of everything else, so my endocrinologist takes care of that problem. My daughter has Hashimoto's diseases, a thyroid problem, and she sees an endocrinologist for it, also.

Aww dear. Bless her its horrible ant it? its alwaus the innoent that suffer and get poorly n the badn's get away with everythin dont they? but thanx i will def mention that to my doctir thank you. It was kind of you to mention that to me.

Back
Top Bottom