keppra side effect?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
Ive started having trouble with my gums hurting bleeding also my left foot im having trouble with swollen toes off and on ...anyone ever have any side effects like this from keppra? and have been seeing colors every once in a while ....

Angel - why not check out the site:
www.askapatient.com
It is just others that have been willing to tell what side effects they have had on a particular drug. It isn't a scientific study, but just people sharing. I think you can get an overall idea of the obstacles a particular drug can produce.

Perhaps call your doctor tomorrow. Have you had your fasting blood work done in a while?

Angel - why not check out the site:
www.askapatient.com
It is just others that have been willing to tell what side effects they have had on a particular drug. It isn't a scientific study, but just people sharing. I think you can get an overall idea of the obstacles a particular drug can produce.

Perhaps call your doctor tomorrow. Have you had your fasting blood work done in a while?

no ive had the bleed time test done after having reaction to lamictal ill call the doctor tomorrow because i can hardly walk on my foot its all puffy:ponder: maybe its frost bite im not sure it has been really cold i always dress warm though...... so i dont know.....

I was reading back through my dairy and just today noticed that ive been having this toe swelling problem for a while lol its really sad when you have to read a dairy just to actually remember everything thats going on with your health mt toes are better now ..... kinda weird though how it starts when i start my cycle and my cycle seems to be jumping around all over its early or late...... use to be right on the 22

Hi,

I've just started taking Keppra, 2 weeks now. I take it with Dilantin. I haven't noticed any changes. Maybe I will when I start taking the Dilantin.

Hope this helps. My two cents.

Maureen

I don't know about Keppre, But I've been on DepekoteER for about 2yrs now and my teeth are starting to break off

boy am i glad to hear that you have those symptoms!!!!!!!!! i started having bleeding gums when i was taking dilantin, but continued to have them after changing to keppra. i thought it was from the damage done to my gums from the dilantin. i guess that i was wrong. i did change toothpaste and now i use colgate's pro-health and that seems to have slowed down the bleeding of the gums. i also now brush my teeth three or four times a day in hopes of strengthening my gums. but the left foot swelling is something that i now have and until reading this post i thought that maybe it came from crossing my feet when i sit or lay down and it did not start until i began to take the keppra. i will be going to my neourologist in about two weeks and i will make mention of this to him and hope that he can give me some valid answers.

boy am i glad to hear that you have those symptoms!!!!!!!!! i started having bleeding gums when i was taking dilantin, but continued to have them after changing to keppra. i thought it was from the damage done to my gums from the dilantin. i guess that i was wrong. i did change toothpaste and now i use colgate's pro-health and that seems to have slowed down the bleeding of the gums. i also now brush my teeth three or four times a day in hopes of strengthening my gums. but the left foot swelling is something that i now have and until reading this post i thought that maybe it came from crossing my feet when i sit or lay down and it did not start until i began to take the keppra. i will be going to my neourologist in about two weeks and i will make mention of this to him and hope that he can give me some valid answers.

whew im glade im not the only one too i thought for a sec i was going nuts...... well im not happy we are having this reaction if even thats what its from mine only happens around my ms cycle....

OH YEAH!!!! my hair stopped falling out i have been using Head & Shoulders Sensitive Anti-Dandruff Shampoo for a while my hair is growing again and has stopped falling out so you guys might try it.....

love
angel

Back
Top Bottom