keppra and side effects what do you know/feel ?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you had muscle coordinations problems or stuffy nose or slured speeach and if so what did you felt or what do you know about those side effects?

I know that sometimes i have slured speech but only with specific letters its hard for me to express,i also grind my teeth at night and my jaw hearts sometimes when i eat.

as for muscle coordination i don't know if i have this problem or not,what it sepused to look like?

I take 3000 mg Keppra XR daily. I've never had the problem you describe of having slurred speech or difficulty saying words or stuffy nose. I do remember when I first got on it i had coordination/balance problems. Sometimes I would have trouble just getting off the couch and walking somewhere, but I've gotten over that and dont have trouble any more. Hope this helps

I slur my speech alot more now that I'm on keppra and I have noticed that my coordination is not what it used to be, like I'll fall into door frames, trip over my own feet, small stuff like that.

my mom used to think I was drunk for the first couple months,but now my main difficulty is comprehension .Its as if the information comes in and takes too long to be processed in my head and then when I know what I want to say it is difficult forming the right idea and getting it out

thank you for sharing :)

I also sometimes have problems making my sentence clear but im not sure its the keppra 100%,i say what i think streight away so my sentence comes out a little wrong but not mostly.

I did crash into door frames couple of times but din't felt i was loosing my coordination its like it just happend.about the cognitive issues,i don't feel dumber and i can still study well but its wierd it can effect cognition since i read keppra doesn't do that.

Back
Top Bottom