Keppra start up side effect

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penny

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I just had my first dose of keppra this morning (500mg). Within a half hour I had double vision and my tongue felt a little numb/tingly. Did anyone else have these side effects when starting keppra. The double vision started when I was on the computer and I couldn't make anything out anymore. Just like when I had a overdose of trileptal.

Thanks, Penny :ponder:

Never had either. I know dizziness is common, but double vision? Talk to the doc about that one. I accidentally took 2000 mg instead of 1000 and didn't have anything more than more drowsiness.

Hi Penny

I started Keppra Nov 6. 1000 mg per day. I did notice slight dizzyness for a while then, then the "Kepprage" kicked in. But no vision prolems.

Penny

Yes when I was on the keppra I had the double vision and walked into things.

Thankyou all! I really appreciate you replying.

Fedup, I'm so relieved to hear its not just me. :zacepi:

My son was increased to 750 twice daily and he is having dizzyness and unbalance. Dr. said it can't be from the med the dose is too low. So glad I have these great forums to look at other peoples symptoms. Now I don't feel as crazy.

I would have to disagree with your son's doctor, Pattid.

I would have to disagree with your son's doctor, Pattid.

N Sperlo, I do agree with you there. It all depends on ones body and how medications affect us. I remember dilantin and the amount I had to take to hit a certain level of it in my body. And the affects of other medications I had to deal with when starting them. Almost all of the medications I have taken state the possibilities of double visions and many other possibilities; it depends on the person, what they eat, drink, etc.

Penny, I do hope in a short time your body gets used to it and things kinda head back to your norm.

Back
Top Bottom