ketogenic diet

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Good morning,

I was wondering if anyone is from the boston area and had any luck with the ketogenic diet? My daughters neurologists thinks she will benefit from starting the ketogenic diet. Does anyone have a dr in the area they recomend?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello Maddy's dad,

My son is succesfully on the keto diet for 7.5 years. The diet sure is worth a try when your kid has med resistant epilepsy. But I'm not from the US, we do live in The Netherlands.

A lot of usefull US information you can find on www.charliefoundation.org

http://www.charliefoundation.org/hospitals/k2dynamap shows all hospitals in the US that do the diet. You can search for hospitals in your area. Charlie Foundation could provide you with names of docors. But for the diet a good dietitian is far more important, the neurologist is not the one who helps you with the diet.
Contact person in the Boston Childrens Hospital is Ann Bergin tel.nr. (617) 355-6815

Another very usefull site about the ketogenic diet (including a very active forum) is from the UK: www.matthewsfriends.org

Last edited:
The Boston area has many excellent hospitals with skilled epilepsy/neurology departments. I would try Mass. General or Children's Hospital if you're anywhere close.

The ketogenic diet is usually only done by specific epilepsy clinics and (academic) childrens hospitals where they have a keto team of specialized child neurologists, keto dietitians and other staff.

Back
Top Bottom