Lamictal and Behavior

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
We just came back from a meeting at Nicole's school and it has been confirmed that her behavior has gotten better with the recent reduction of Lamictal. Since we have reduced her dosage, she has been meeting her goals at school. It will be interesting to see how she does with the next reduction. We have not seen any seizures either. I am so glad that the school is working with us without an IEP yet. At the start of school, we were butting heads and then I think they realized that we were not going to give up.

I did file a report with the manufacturer of Lamictal when her behavior escalated and I will be sending them a report regarding the reduction and her behavior improving.

That's great news for Nicole. :mrt:

Wonderful, you couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

that's great!
Can I ask a question about this lamitical I am on it too. What is the highest mgs of day that can be precribled.
I have alot of temper and concentration problems, just wondering I do have other health problems that can cause this too.
Thanks Tammy

Tammy -

I think that would be a question for your doctor or maybe a pharmacist. Nicole is 6 and was put on it in August. Her highest dosage was 100 mgs. per day. I'll see what I can find out on the internet.

Tammy

Tammy, my doctor has me on lamictal 100mg 5 times a day. I believe he said i can take 6 a day. Also on Keppra 100mg 4 times a day. He said Keppra acts like a buffer.

Back
Top Bottom